- apple peels & cores, left overs from another recipe
- 1 lemon
2h 0minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
Put as much apple peal and cores as you can fit into the TX bowl. Add about 250 g water
Chop speed 7 4 sec.
cut lemon in quarters, add to bowl Chop again speed 7 5 - 10 seconds
cook for 10 minutes temp 100C speed 2
pour contents into jelly bag or piece of muslin, tie into a bag and hang overnight to collect the juice. Do not squeeze or the jelly will not be clear.
When all juice is drained feed the apple to the chickens.
Put the juice into the TX bowl with the scales on so you can measure how much you have. Add up to the same amount of sugar. Setting will occur when the balance of sugar to acid (lemon) and pectin from the apple is right. If you add too much sugar the taste will be weak. I usually use about 90% of juice weight for sugar.
Cook the jelly juice and sugar temp varoma until jelly set. Cook for 30 minutes then test. If not ready cook another 30 min.
To test, put a small spoon of the jelly on a cold plate. Count to 60. Push the jelly. If the surface wrinkles it is ready. If it just smears it is not.
Depending on lots of things you will get a cup or two of jelly. If you have access to crab apples this is a marvelous accompaniment to roast pork.
I grew up during the depression and remember my mother making every scrap count. Nothing was wasted not even the apple peals. We were lucky we had a couple of trees so only the sugar was a luxury.
I do not suggest this is a recipe you will use very much but it does show how to be resourceful.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thick Creamy Greek Yoghurt
- Kobi’s Strawberry & Vanilla Bean Jam
- Paleo Granola
- Coconut Condensed Milk (dairy free)
- Separator Agent (slides cakes out of pans)
- Yoghurt pancakes
- Pizza Sauce with onion, garlic and herbs
- Cranberry and coconut toasted cereal
- Apricot Chia Coconut balls/slice/bars
- Ricotta using lemon
- Coconut yoghurt: Gini's
- Farmhouse Butter
- Dulche de leche
- Easy Cheesey Mac and Cheese
- Christmas Pudding - Gluten Free or Regular
- White Chocolate and Macadamia Cheesecake
- SALTED CARAMEL VODKA
- Simple Mantou (Steam Bread)
- Lemon Bliss Balls
- Variation Stewed Rhubarb and Apple
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Green Tea Mantou (Steam Bread - Mantou)
- Pumpkin Mantou (Steam Bread)
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup