- 250 g raw brown rice
- 30 g raw unsalted cashews, (or almonds)
- 300 g water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 30 g oil, (what ever style you prefer to use)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (bicarb)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon Honey (or Rice Malt Syrup)
- 1 banana, (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Place raw brown rice in TM bowl and grind on speed 9 until you have a fine flour consistancy (about 1 minute)
Add nuts and grind for a further 30 seconds on speed 9 or until all nuts are blended well. (Scrape down sides of bowl and lid.)
Add water, apple cider vinager, oil and vanilla essence. Blend for 30 seconds on speed 9. (you can cover and leave for an hour or over night at this point if you need to - otherwise carry on with next steps.)
Add egg and honey, blend for 1 minute, speed 9.
Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Blend for 30 seconds, speed 5-6.
**You now have the base mixture. skip step 6 if you wish to make plain pancakes**
Add cinnamon and banana, blend quickly on speed 5-6 for approximately 5 seconds if you like the banana to be a bit chucky. Blend longer for a smoother finish.
Cook in a large frying pan or electric frying pan using butter or your choice of oil on the pan with each batch you cook.
Accessories you need
This recipe has been addapted from the Quirky Cooking blog: //quirkycooking.blogspot.com.au/2009/02/blender-batter-brown-rice-waffles.html
Smaller pancakes are easier to cook and flip.
You could add blue berries instead of Banana or any type of "extra" deoending on your preferences.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan pouring cream for savoury recipes
- Caster Sugar (using white sugar)
- Lynn's Spreadable Butter
- Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Vegan Parmesan (Noochesan!)
- Chicken Stock Powder
- GF Protein Balls
- Lemon Lime Curd
- Gluten Free Banana Doughnuts
- Gluten Free Granola
- Grain free/Keto Raspberry Granola
- Peanut crunch protein bites
- Thermofied by Nads - Meg Yonson Jerk Salmon Bowl
- Chicken and Vegetable Pie
- JUMBO BREAD LOAF
- Maltese Galletti
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends
- Sourdough discard Raisin Bread
- Potato Gnocchi with creamy chicken and mushroom
- Curried Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Quick & easy pancakes
- Wholesome Choco Fix Balls
- Vegan potato bake with browned onions
- Vegan Creamy tomato and pepperoni fettuccine