- 700 g Mulberries, Stems removed
- 400 g raw sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 60 g chia seeds, White or Black
2h 0minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
1. Quickly wash mulberries in drainer and then snip off stems with small scissors.
2. Place mulberries into thermie, chop up on speed 3 just to moosh them up a bit because you want to keep some texture if possible.
3. Add chia, sugar and lemon.
4. Cook 100 degrees for 1 hour on speed 2 with MC on. At the end of the cook the jam will have reduced a wee bit - no need to put on the varoma or the simmering basket.
5. Pour into clean glass jars (I have seen TV cooks who insist that if the jam is piping hot there is no reason to sterilise jars - but if being cautious use the Milton tablets with them).
6. Once lid is on stand jars upside down to seal the lids.
7. Store in the fridge due to lesser amount of sugar then usual being used.
Thank you to Nicmacconuladh for the chia seed idea .........
This recipe makes about 600g of jam
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- coconut milk, for cream, see tips
- Old-Fashioned Cooked Mayonnaise
- Turmeric Latte Porridge
- Instant porridge ( like the sachets... only BETTER)
- Corn Fritters
- bread pizza
- Chunky Apricot Bites
- Playdough - Bulk recipe for childcare, school, kindergarten etc
- TM6 Vanilla Yoghurt Pot Set
- TM5 Automated Yoghurt
- TM6 Vanilla Yoghurt - in bowl
- OMG Lemon Butter
- Baked Cottage Cheese crepes
- Roasted Carrot & Garlic Dip
- Calamansi Jam/Marmalade
- Sicilian Olive Tapenade
- Never try another hummus again!
- Best Ever Lemon Meringue Pie
- APPLE STREUSEL CAKE
- Passionfruit Delicious
- Simple version of Lala's Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Petite Vegan Lemon Drizzle Cake
- English Salad Cream
- Asian Style Chicken Burgers