- 1 Rind of lime, peeled
- 200 g millet
- 500 g water
- 1 Juice of lime
- 200 g cashews or almonds or sunflower seeds, (use seeds for nut free)
- 300 g water
- Maple syrup, optional
- stewed fruit, to serve
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add lime rind to TM bowl and mill 20 seconds / speed 10 . Set lime zest aside.
Thoroughly dry bowl and add millet. Toast 15 mins / Varoma / speed 1.5 til crispy and starting to brown.
Add water and lime zest and cook 15 mins / 90C / speed 2
Serve with Lime Creme and stewed fruit (Rhubarb and apple pictured)
Blend lime juice, nuts or seeds and water 1min / speed 10, adding more water and optional maple syrup to achieve desired consistency and flavour. Scrape down sides of bowl as necessary.
Millet is a seed which makes a delicious nutty-tasting breakfast or dessert full of minerals and vitamins, anti-oxidants and protein. It has a low glycaemic index and is gluten free. Enjoy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Stock Powder
- Porcini & Garlic Salt
- Peanut Butter Oil and Salt Free
- Spreadable butter
- Gluten-free American style pancake
- Apricot Truffles
- Creamy oats
- Turmeric oats
- The BEST shortcrust pastry
- The Daily Mix - Spreadable Butter
- 3 Ingredient Super Easy Sweet Chocolate Coconut Bliss Balls
- Palla di Mozzarella
- Vegan Meringues
- Pain du Matin - Steamed Breakfast Bread (Vegan)
- Beaten Coffee Meringue Cappuccino - A Vegan treat
- Aloo Ghobi with Potato and Cauliflower - Vegan, Whole Food Plant Based
- Polenta Butter Whole food Plant Based and Vegan
- Moroccan Dressing
- Anni's GlutenFree Flour Baking Mix
- Chai Spiced Risotto with Ginger Pears
- Tomato and Brown Lentil Soup
- Four C Salad
- Raw Vegan Lemon Curd
- Vegan Almond Parmesan
- German spelt bread
- Devilled Sausages (Healthy Mummy style)
- Chocolate on Chocolate Cheescake
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- milo and oat bliss balls
- Fully Loaded Risotto
- Jaffa Cheesecake Slice
- Hommus Cups - WA School Canteen Association Assessed - GREEN
- Wholemeal Spinach and Cheese Scroll - WA School Canteen Approved (Green)
- Gluten Free & Dairy Free Chocolate Brownies
- Perfect Pie maker custard tarts
- Savoury Beef and Vegetable Soup