- 10-12 --- fresh chillies, Chopped and seeded if preferred. Wear Gloves. (Can use Dried)
- 1-2 teaspoons ginger, stem, Grated fresh or from jar
- 2 cloves garlic, Fresh or Jarred
- 1 kg --- ripe tomatoes, cut into pieces
- 300 grams raw sugar
- 200 ml --- red wine vinegar
- 30 grams soy sauce
2h 20minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place into TM Bowl - Chillies (seeded or not), Garlic and Ginger 10 Seconds / Speed 8
- Add 1 KG Tomatoes - 40 Seconds / Speed 10
- Add remaining ingredients - Raw Sugar, Red Wine Vinegar, Soy Sauce
Remove Measuring cup and add the TM Basket to lid
60 Seconds / 120 Degrees / Speed 1.5
- Stir, remove TM Basket and continue to cook further
30 mins / 120 degrees/ Speed 1
Adjust the temperature and time if you like.
Continue to reduce to consistency that you like. The longer you cook, the more intense the flavour.
- Pour jam into sterilised jars and seal.
Accessories you need
Keep eye on jam to ensure it does not boil over, reduce temperature if this happens. Avoid over filling the bowl.
Experiment with the ingredients to suit taste. I have made this without garlic and it is very nice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.