- 1500 g whole milk
- 200 g pure cream, not thickened
- 1 tsp salt
- 50 g white vinegar, half an MC
1. Insert butterfly into TM bowl. Add milk and cream. Set the milk and cream to cook 16min / 90 deg / sp 2.
2. At the last minute add the teaspoon of salt.
3. When the heating has finished, set the timer for 1min, sp soft and add the vinegar quickly through the hole in the lid.
4. When the minute is up, leave the curds to form for no less than 10 minutes then, using a slotted spoon, carefully lift the curds out and into the simmering basket (hold this over another bowl or the sink). There is no need for muslin or cheesecloth the ricotta will hold. Gently place as much as possible into the simmering basket, towards the end just pour the remainder very gently into the basket. If this is done too quickly, the force of the liquid coming through will ruin your ricotta and half of it might even be washed through.
5. Set the simmering basket back over the TM bowl to drain for another 10-20 minutes. The longer it drains the firmer the result.
6. The ricotta can be eaten straight away and is delicious with the EDC beetroot salad.
You could try this with goats milk. It would also then be delicious baked or used in any other recipe. It keeps for about a week in the fridge.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pot set yoghurt
- The Fast 800 Cowboy Baked Beans converted by Thermo-lish
- The Fast 800 Pear & Cinnamon Porridge converted by Thermo-lish
- Cheat's Cream cheese (Philly cheese substitute)
- Linda’s Protein Balls
- Super Easy ~ Thick & Creamy Coconut Cream Yoghurt TM6 ~ $10.60 per 1 Litre
- Taco seasoning
- Banana pancakes
- Basic Baleada
- Variation Creme Anglaise
- Lebanese Rice With Vermicelli
- Easy Peasy Steak Marinade
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Turkish simit
- Lemon Slice
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Traditional buttery mash potato
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Hearty Ginger Slice
- Chicken spinach and basil dumplings
- Dulce de Leche/Caramel thumb-print cookies