- 1500 g whole milk
- 200 g pure cream, not thickened
- 1 tsp salt
- 50 g white vinegar, half an MC
1. Insert butterfly into TM bowl. Add milk and cream. Set the milk and cream to cook 16min / 90 deg / sp 2.
2. At the last minute add the teaspoon of salt.
3. When the heating has finished, set the timer for 1min, sp soft and add the vinegar quickly through the hole in the lid.
4. When the minute is up, leave the curds to form for no less than 10 minutes then, using a slotted spoon, carefully lift the curds out and into the simmering basket (hold this over another bowl or the sink). There is no need for muslin or cheesecloth the ricotta will hold. Gently place as much as possible into the simmering basket, towards the end just pour the remainder very gently into the basket. If this is done too quickly, the force of the liquid coming through will ruin your ricotta and half of it might even be washed through.
5. Set the simmering basket back over the TM bowl to drain for another 10-20 minutes. The longer it drains the firmer the result.
6. The ricotta can be eaten straight away and is delicious with the EDC beetroot salad.
Accessories you need
You could try this with goats milk. It would also then be delicious baked or used in any other recipe. It keeps for about a week in the fridge.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- +256703352703 SOLVE AND RESOLVE MARRIAGE WITH POWERFUL TRADITIONAL SPELLS
- Food FSSAI License Renewal
- 5 Minute Pancakes & Pikelets
- Michelle’s TM6 Yoghurt
- RAJMA MASALA POWDER
- Fluffy Pancakes
- Sausages and Eggs
- Old Fashioned Vanilla Slice
- Coconut Cream
- Blood Orange Marmalade
- Banoffee Porridge
- Cashew Milk (Mylk)
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- White Jumbo Soft and Fluffy Bread
- Red Wine Brownies with Walnuts and Drunken Cranberries
- The English Carrot
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- JCN Protein Balls (sugar free)
- Zucchini balls
- Zucchini Relish / Pickle
- Zucchini Bread and Butter Pickle
- Plum and Zucchini Relish
- Spicy Apricot BBQ Sauce