- 15 grams cardamom seeds, whole
- 15 grams coriander seeds, whole
- 10 grams cumin seeds, whole
- 10 grams whole cloves
- 1/4 whole nutmeg
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 chillies, dried kashmiri
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 pieces ginger, approx 2cm, peeled
- 2 onions, brown, peeled and halved
- 3 tsp paprika
- 120 grams Grapeseed Oil
- 400 grams tomatoes, canned
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
8Recipe is created for
Place whole cardamom, coriander, cumin and cloves into TM and heat for 8 minutes at Varoma temp on SS
Add cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, bay leaves and chillies. Grind together for 40 secs at speed 9
Place garlic, ginger and onions into TM and chop for 4 seconds on speed 6. Scrape mixture down from side of bowl.
Pour oil into TM and heat for 2 minutes @ 100 degrees on speed 1
Add paprika, tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and vinegar and mix together for 6 seconds on speed 6
Cook paste mixture for 8 minutes @100 degrees on speed 1
Transfer mixture to clean jars ensuring there is a film of oil floating on the surface of the paste to help the paste retain its colour.
Store paste in the fridge until ready for use.
Rogan Josh Curry Paste
To use - combine 3 tbsp of curry paste with 2 tbsp of natural Greek yoghurt and 1tbsp of ghee. Marinate cubes of lamb overnight, then cook.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thick Creamy Greek Yoghurt
- Kobi’s Strawberry & Vanilla Bean Jam
- Paleo Granola
- Coconut Condensed Milk (dairy free)
- Separator Agent (slides cakes out of pans)
- Yoghurt pancakes
- Pizza Sauce with onion, garlic and herbs
- Cranberry and coconut toasted cereal
- Apricot Chia Coconut balls/slice/bars
- Ricotta using lemon
- Coconut yoghurt: Gini's
- Farmhouse Butter