- 2 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 220g castor sugar
- 100g Butter
- 2 lemons, juice & zest
Chop lemon zest with sugar for 10 secs speed 10, set to one side.
Add butter to the TM bowl & melt for 1min 37 degrees speed 2. (it may need longer depending on how warm the butter is to start with.) set to one side.
Add eggs & egg yolks, sugar & zest mixture to the TM bowl & mix for 20 secs on speed 10.
Gently add the melted butter (avoid pouring in the fat solids).
Add the lemon juice & mix for 10 secs speed 10.
Cook for 2mins & 30 secs, 50 degrees, speed 3.
Strain well & put liquid back into the Thermomix bowl.
Cook for 8mins & 30 secs, at 70 degrees"Counter-clockwise operation" speed 3.
Place into the fridge or into a cooked tart base.
Smolt's Lemon Curd
Accessories you need
Smolt use a Thermomix in their kitchen & have kindly allowed us to share their recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- Vi's Christmas Scones
- Lisa’s Butterscotch Scones
- Soft Potato Doughnuts @levi_nathania
- Caramelised Onion & Feta Tarts
- Marian's Version of Cut out Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Zserbo aka Gerbeaud cake (Hungarian layer cake)
- Satay Chicken Sauce
- Variation Knafeh (Middle Eastern Custard Dessert)
- Lemon Slice
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Risotto
- Thermilane (healthier) banana muffins