THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 150 g organic soy beans
- 1200 g water
- 250 g soy or plant milk, warm
- 250 g soy or plant milk, cool
- 1 / 3 teaspoon Agar Powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon Flax Meal, tapioca starch or arrowroot, (optional Thickener)
- 1 tablespoon Maple syrup, or other sweetener
- 30 g unsweetened soy yoghurt, or 3-4 capsules dairy-free probiotic culture
- Soak soybeans overnight in plenty of water.
- Add drained, soaked beans and 500gwater to Thermomix bowl. Blend 1 min / speed 8.
- Add remaining 700 g water to bowl, cook 10 min 90°C/speed 4.
- Meanwhile SCALD WITH BOILING WATER EVERYTHING THAT WILL TOUCH THE YOGHURT!
storage jug with nutmilk bag inside it
fill Thermoserver with boiling water and scald spoons, spatula etc
- Drain water from storage jug and strain fresh Soymilk through the nutmilk bag into it, using the clean spoon to press the last of the milk through the bag.
Set soy milk aside to cool. Reserve okara (what's left in the nutmilk bag) to dry or to use in cooking or baking (great in smoothies, vegeburgers, baking or vegan quiche).
- Cool milk by refrigerating for two hours or overnight, before making yoghurt.
- TM5: see Tips below
- TM 31:Pour boiling water into clean Thermoserver and cover with lid to warm the container.
To a clean Thermomix bowl, add 250g plantmilk, sweetener, agar powder and optional thickner and bring to boil 3-4 mins / 100°C / speed 2. Simmer further 5 mins/90C/speed 2 to dissolve agar.
- Add 250g cool plant milk, mix without heating 1 min/ speed 1. If necessary, remove bowl and refrigerate for 20 mins. Return bowl to base, mix 10 sec / speed 1 and check temperature until only 37°C light is steady or flashing.Repeat cooling if necessary. (This ensures milk is cool enough to add culture without killing the live bacteria)
- When mylk-agar mix is cooled to 37C or lower, add soy yoghurt culture or empty in contents of probiotic capsulesMix 2 mins / 37C.
- Drain hot water from Thermoserver and gently pour in the yoghurt mixture.
- Cover with Thermoserver lid and wrap in a towel overnight to set. Refrigerate for another 6 – 10 hrs to develop sour flavour.
- Inspired by Susan Voisin's Fatfree Vegan Kitchen
SOY (or other PLANT MILK ) YOGHURT - 500ml
Accessories you need
More accessories you might use:
1 L Thermoserver Nutmilk Bag Storage Jug Spoon
PS This is vegan
For coconut or other plant milk yoghurts, I recommend the addition of tapioca, arrowroot or flaxmeal to suspend the fats and agar and give a smoother texture. I find with agar alone it seems to separate.
The addition of sweetener encourages the culture growth.
Greekstyle Yoghurt: Filter the completed yoghurt through chux or cheescloth until it reaches the desired consistency.
TM5: For a full litre of yoghurt, heat to boiling point 3 - 4 mins / 100ºC /speed 2 500ml plant milk plus double the amounts of agar, sweetener and thickener Simmer 5 mins / 90ºC / speed 2, until agar is fully dissolved; Add the 500ml cool milk and mix 2 mins / speed 2, then refrigerate if necessary (in TM5 bowl) until the milk reaches 37C, before replacing bowl into machine, adding 5 - 6 capsules or double the amount of yoghurt culture and selecting automatic yoghurt function.Enjoy after 8hrs incubation or longer for a tarter flavour
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gluten Free Wonton/ Dumpling Wrappers
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Lemon Curd
- Variation Curry Powder
- LYNN'S SPREADABLE BUTTER
- Vegan pouring cream for savoury recipes
- Caster Sugar (using white sugar)
- Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Vegan Parmesan (Noochesan!)
- Chicken Stock Powder
- GF Protein Balls
- Lemon Lime Curd
- Vegan Meringues
- Pain du Matin - Steamed Breakfast Bread (Vegan)
- Beaten Coffee Meringue Cappuccino - A Vegan treat
- Aloo Ghobi with Potato and Cauliflower - Vegan, Whole Food Plant Based
- Polenta Butter Whole food Plant Based and Vegan
- Moroccan Dressing
- Anni's GlutenFree Flour Baking Mix
- Chai Spiced Risotto with Ginger Pears
- Tomato and Brown Lentil Soup
- Four C Salad
- Millet with Lime Creme
- Raw Vegan Lemon Curd
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Eggless Cupcakes - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Flaky pastry sausage rolls
- Could it be Gravy - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Steamed South Pacific Fish
- Gluten Free Wonton/ Dumpling Wrappers
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Hainanese Chicken
- Pan Amasado - Chilean Bread Rolls