- 250 g flour, self-raising
- 500 g full cream milk, Or skim milk
- 2 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract, Optional. Gives a more dessert like pancake.
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Spray a frying pan with spray oil and preheat on stove top. You can heat it up on the highest setting but be sure to turn it down to about half before you pour your batter.
Pour milk into bowl and add vanilla if you're using it.
- Crack eggs, one at a time, into mixing cup, then add to bowl. You can crack the eggs directly into the bowl if you want, but it's a bit annoying when you realise you've just ruined your recipe by adding a rotten egg...
- Leave MC off and mix, speed 3 for 2 minutes. Add the flour slowly while mixing.
The batter should pour easily. If it's a bit thick, add a bit more milk until it reaches the consistency you want.
- Turn your pan down to half setting and pour the batter in.
Wait for the pancake to start to bubble on top and develop a slight glossy sheen before you try and turn it. I know it's hard to wait, but you'll be glad you did. It gets really messy if you try and turn it over too soon.
Accessories you need
You can increase the amount of batter by adding 125g flour, 250g milk and an extra egg (or decrease it by these amounts). Don't try to make more than a four egg mix it one go, though. You can also make extra batter as you go by adding the extra ingredients and remixing.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.