- 20-40 g chilli powder
- 1.25 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1.25 tbsp Onion powder
- 1.25 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp dried chilli flakes, (optional - see Tips)
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns, (optional - see Tips)
- Place all ingredients into mixing bowl and mill 1 min/speed 10, to a fine powder. Transfer into a sealable container and store in a cool, dry place until ready to use.
For a milder seasoning, omit or reduce the amount of chilli flakes and peppercorns.
You can store this seasoning in a sealable container in the pantry for up to 6 months.
You can use this seasoning on a wide variety of Mexican dishes - try sprinkling over mince (for tacos or nachos), as a meat rub or stirred through dips and dressings. Use it anywhere you'd like for a little extra spice!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Mee Rebus
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Rima’s Maryam Mounajed’s ChefItUp’s Lentil Soup
- Rima’s Chefitup Maryam Mounajed’s Lamb Shank Mansef
- Kisir - Turkish Tabbouli
- Beetroot Burgers
- Coconut Sambal
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- Spicy Apricot BBQ Sauce
- KFC Chicken at Home
- BBQ Sauce
- Zucchini Bacon & Cheese Slice