- 20-40 g chilli powder
- 1.25 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1.25 tbsp Onion powder
- 1.25 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp dried chilli flakes, (optional - see Tips)
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns, (optional - see Tips)
- Place all ingredients into mixing bowl and mill 1 min/speed 10, to a fine powder. Transfer into a sealable container and store in a cool, dry place until ready to use.
For a milder seasoning, omit or reduce the amount of chilli flakes and peppercorns.
You can store this seasoning in a sealable container in the pantry for up to 6 months.
You can use this seasoning on a wide variety of Mexican dishes - try sprinkling over mince (for tacos or nachos), as a meat rub or stirred through dips and dressings. Use it anywhere you'd like for a little extra spice!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheat's Cream cheese (Philly cheese substitute)
- Linda’s Protein Balls
- Super Easy ~ Thick & Creamy Coconut Cream Yoghurt TM6 ~ $10.60 per 1 Litre
- Banana pancakes
- Basic Baleada
- Variation Creme Anglaise
- Lebanese Rice With Vermicelli
- Easy Peasy Steak Marinade
- Variation Fresh Ricotta
- Dad's Pancakes
- Oscars Honey Corn cereal
- Avocado latte
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Feijoa Bakewell tart
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Variation Roasted Carrot Hummus
- Variation Butternut pumpkin and vegetable macaroni cheese pasta bake
- Chilli Mussels
- Maccas Cheeseburgers
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- 'Dorito-esk' Seasoning Shake
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Bacon Carrot & Corn Muffin
- Vegan Moussaka
- Layelle’s Turkish Lentil Soup
- Goulash Soup, German Style