- 75 g full fat starter yoghurt, Must have live cultures. I used Tamar Valley natural yoghurt
- 1000 g Full Cream Long Life milk
- 120 g full cream milk powder
- 1 tbsp Rapadura Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- 1 probiotic capsule, Powder removed from capsule
- Glass bowl, I used 7 cup Pyrex glass bowl with lid but you can also use individual glass jars
- glad wrap
- 750 g water
- 80g lemon juice
- Trivet or round cookie cutter, To elevate glass bowl
- "Closed lid" Place all ingredients into "Closed lid" , mix for 10 minutes / 40° / speed 3.
- Meanwhile, pre-warm glass bowl with some hot water. once finished mixing, dry bowl and pour in yoghurt mixture and cover with glad wrap.
- Rince "Closed lid" , then pour in water and lemon juice.
- Put lid on "Closed lid" and put varoma dish in place. Carefully add glass bowl of yoghurt, covered with gladwrap on to an egg ring or trivet, then put varoma lid on top.
Using TM6 fermentation function, set to ferment for 12 hours / 50°. I wouldn't go higher than 60 degrees Celsius because the live cultures will not survive.
I set a further 8 hours once the 12 is finished to increase live culture growth.
You will need to ensure you have sufficient ventilation space around your bowl for the steam to get through. I used a round metal cookie cutter underneath my glass bowl.
Accessories you need
Original yoghurt recipe from Thermomumma.
If you would like individual serves, small jars are available on the mix shop or places such as Kmart also have them.
I have found that every 3rd batch it's best to use a store bought yoghurt starter instead of using starter from your own batches.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Lemon Curd
- Variation Curry Powder
- LYNN'S SPREADABLE BUTTER
- Vegan pouring cream for savoury recipes
- Caster Sugar (using white sugar)
- Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Vegan Parmesan (Noochesan!)
- Chicken Stock Powder
- GF Protein Balls
- Lemon Lime Curd
- Gluten Free Banana Doughnuts
- Low Sugar Plum Jam or Apricot Jam
- Zucchini Pickle
- Moist & Light Chocolate Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing
- Quick Vanilla & Citrus Protein Bliss Balls
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Variation of Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's) For all TM's
- A Cup of Goodness ~ Smoothie for 2
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Healthy Carrot Cake Biscuits - Dairy Free
- Cacao Chocolate Not Cross Buns
- Quick Apricot & Coconut Bliss Balls - Nut & Sugar Free
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Hainanese Chicken
- Pan Amasado - Chilean Bread Rolls
- Lemon Curd & Cream Cheese Scrolls with Vanilla glaze
- Honey Chicken
- Gluten free Dumpling Dough
- Aunty Lizzy’s Butterscotch Tart
- Beanie's Pork and Chive Dumplings
- Steamed fish with Ginger and Soy