- 75 g full fat starter yoghurt, Must have live cultures. I used Tamar Valley natural yoghurt
- 1000 g Full Cream Long Life milk
- 120 g full cream milk powder
- 1 tbsp Rapadura Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- 1 probiotic capsule, Powder removed from capsule
- Glass bowl, I used 7 cup Pyrex glass bowl with lid but you can also use individual glass jars
- glad wrap
- 750 g water
- 80g lemon juice
- Trivet or round cookie cutter, To elevate glass bowl
- Place all ingredients into , mix for 10 minutes / 40° / speed 3.
- Meanwhile, pre-warm glass bowl with some hot water. once finished mixing, dry bowl and pour in yoghurt mixture and cover with glad wrap.
- Rince , then pour in water and lemon juice.
Put lid on and put varoma dish in place. Carefully add glass bowl of yoghurt, covered with gladwrap on to an egg ring or trivet, then put varoma lid on top.
Using TM6 fermentation function, set to ferment for 12 hours / 50°. I wouldn't go higher than 60 degrees Celsius because the live cultures will not survive.
I set a further 8 hours once the 12 is finished to increase live culture growth.
You will need to ensure you have sufficient ventilation space around your bowl for the steam to get through. I used a round metal cookie cutter underneath my glass bowl.
Original yoghurt recipe from Thermomumma.
If you would like individual serves, small jars are available on the mix shop or places such as Kmart also have them.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Variation of Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's) For all TM's
- A Cup of Goodness ~ Smoothie for 2
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Healthy Carrot Cake Biscuits - Dairy Free
- Cacao Chocolate Not Cross Buns
- Quick Apricot & Coconut Bliss Balls - Nut & Sugar Free
- Adaption of Ambitious Kitchen's Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad
- Delicious healthy version of Lemon Slice - Dairy Free
- BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potato Meatloaf with Cheesy Centre
- Vegan Cashew Cheese
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Strawberry Mint Lemonade
- Cheat's sourdough
- Basic Baleada
- CWA Afgans Biscuits
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- CHICKEN AND PRAWN LAKSA
- Variation Butternut pumpkin and vegetable macaroni cheese pasta bake