THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 4 eggs
- 1-2 tomatoes, (whole, halved or quartered)
- 2 bacon rashers, (cut into thirds)
- Toothpicks, (for bacon rolls)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 25 grams extra virgin olive oil, (or coconut oil)
- 400 grams tomatoes, (halved)
- 1-4 teaspoons raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs of choice, (chopped)
- 100 grams water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 teaspoons water
- parsley, (chopped)
- sea salt
- pepper, (freshly ground)
FRESH TOMATO SAUCE
(1) Add garlic and shallot to TM bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 6.
(2) Scrape down bowl.
Add olive oil, cook 4 min/Varoma/speed 1.
(3) Add tomatoes, and chop 3 sec/speed 6.
(4) Add sugar (can add extra later), herbs, water, salt and pepper.
(5) Sit empty varoma into position with lid (no tray).
Cook 9 mins/Varoma/speed 2 (warms varoma whilst sauce is cooking).
BACON, EGGS & TOMATOES
(6) Depending on the length of bacon rashers being used, remove rind and cut into thirds or halves. Roll them up (looks better with streaky bacon on outside) and pin with toothpicks. Set aside.
(7) Cut tomatoes in halves, quarters or leave whole if small. Season with Salt and Pepper. Set aside.
( Using the inverted varoma tray as a template on a piece of baking paper, trace around the outside using a pencil and cut out the oval shape. Scrunch up paper in your hand under running water, then smooth out on the varoma tray. This will line the tray with an upright edge but still alows good steam circulation.
(9) At end of cooking time for tomato sauce, add prepared tomatoes and bacon rolls into the varoma. Sit prepared varoma tray on top.
(10) Crack eggs onto varoma tray. Fit lid.
Cook 6 min/Varoma/speed 2.
Whilst eggs are cooking, preheat serving plates in oven.
You have time to prepare toast and cups of tea!
(11) Check if eggs are cooked to your liking.
Add extra cooking time as needed eg 1min/Varoma/speed 2.
(12) Set aside varoma whilst you finish preparing the sauce.
FINISHING SAUCE & SERVING
(13) Taste tomato sauce and adjust with seasonings and extra sugar if desired.
(14) Mix together the cornflour and water.
Set thermomix to 1 min/100 C/speed 2 and with lid removed, tip the cornflour mix into the stirring sauce.
(15) Use an egg slide to carefully transfer cooked eggs onto prewarmed plates.
(16) Remove toothpicks from bacon rolls. Add bacon and tomatoes to serving plates.
(17) Serve with a strip of the fresh tomato sauce poured onto the plates.
(1 Garnish with freshly ground black pepper, a sprinkle of sea salt and a sprinkling of chopped parsley.
Accessories you need
THIS RECIPE CAN BE DOUBLED
Click on Right of Recipe Photo for Step Photos
The recipe lends itself to being tweaked to create different flavours in the tomato sauce, or being adapted to ingredients on hand.
Tinned tomatoes could be used.
Alternative ingredients incllude halved button mushrooms, asparagus, broccolini, strips of capsicum, mini zucchini halved lengthways.
Depending on the amount of food being steamed, extra cooking time might need to be added (timing is for 2 person quantities). If more than a few minutes extra cooking time is needed, check the volume of sauce in the bowl, adding some extra water if needed.
The beautiful left-over tomato sauce has many uses!
I would like to acknowledge inspiration for this recipe from the Chicken and Rocket Sausages with Warm Tomato Sauce found in Meat on the Menu cookbook (a wonderful recipe).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- +256703352703 SOLVE AND RESOLVE MARRIAGE WITH POWERFUL TRADITIONAL SPELLS
- Food FSSAI License Renewal
- 5 Minute Pancakes & Pikelets
- Michelle’s TM6 Yoghurt
- RAJMA MASALA POWDER
- Fluffy Pancakes
- Sausages and Eggs
- Old Fashioned Vanilla Slice
- Coconut Cream
- Blood Orange Marmalade
- Banoffee Porridge
- Cashew Milk (Mylk)
- The English Carrot
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- JCN Protein Balls (sugar free)
- Zucchini balls
- Zucchini Relish / Pickle
- Zucchini Bread and Butter Pickle
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- Plum and Zucchini Relish
- Chickpea Dosa
- Spicy Apricot BBQ Sauce