- 500 grams water
- 500 grams white vinegar
- 2 tbsp salt, non-iodised
- 2 tbsp sugar, (optional)
- 1 tsp pickling spice mix, per jar
- Place water, white vinegar, salt & sugar (if using) in mixing bowl.
- Place MC on lid and bring liquid to boil 10 min/100°C/speed 1.
- Meanwhile pack vegetables to be pickled into clean, hot sterilised jars. Add 1 tsp of pickling spice mix per jar.
- Fill the jars with pickling brine almost to the top, then run a knife around inside of jar to remove air bubbles as much as possible. Top up jars to very top/just overflowing. Tightly screw on jar lids (use a cloth as jars will be very hot).
- Leave vegetables to pickle for at least 3 weeks, and place in fridge before eating.
Accessories you need
Recipe will fill two standard Agee jars or four smaller jars.
Optional: add the sugar if you wish to balance out the vinegar sourness.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Banana & Blueberry Bread 🍌🫐
- Salsa spice mix
- Best Yogurt Ever TM6 fermentation mode
- Smilo - Thermobexta
- THERMOMUMMA APPLE & CINNAMON PORRIDGE
- THERMOMUMMA YOGHURT - MIXING BOWL METHOD (TM6 & TM5)
- THERMOMUMMA THICK POT SET YOGHURT (TM6)
- Boxing Day Bircher Muesli
- Chinese 5 Spice
- Porridge (made with steel cut oats)
- Apricot Nectar