- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- 350 g cool water
- 500 g Baker's Flour
- 3 tablespoons EXTRA baker's flour
Recipe is created for
- NOTE- You will need a 20cm (2.4L) or 22cm (3.3L) cast-iron pot with lid for optimal results for this recipe.
Add rosemary to bowl and chop 3 secs. speed 9 (you can skip this step for plain bread)
Add remaining ingredients and knead for 2 minutes.
Remove the bowl from the Thermomix and set aside leaving the dough in the Thermomix bowl FOR 12 HOURS OR IDEALLY OVERNIGHT. (I covered the bowl with my Thermomat to make sure the dough didn't escape.)
- Knead "Dough mode" for 2 minutes.
Place about 1 tablespoon of flour onto a Thermomat and place dough on top.
Roll the dough in the flour and shape into a ball, wrap in the Thermomat and leave in a warm place to rise for 1 to 2 hours until doubled in size.
HINT: if you have a Thermoserver, 3/4 fill it with boiling water and place dough (in Thermomat or bowl) on top to help it rise.
Preheat your oven to 220 degrees Celsius after about 1 hour of the dough's rising time.
Place a 20cm (2.4L) or 22cm (3.3L) cast-iron pot with lid in the oven for 15 minutes.
Remove using oven gloves and dust a little flour on the bottom (about 1 - 2 tablespoons).
Add the dough to the Dutch oven and bake 35 - 40 minutes.
Remove the lid and bake for an extra 10 minutes.
I found this recipe in Home Beautiful and have modified it to fit into the Thermomix.
After rising ...
You can make two loaves (do not double quantities).
If you don't have a (second) Thermomat you could place the dough in a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap (to stop it sticking) and a towel to keep the dough warm.
After the first loaf has cooked, remove it then place the dough for the second loaf in and cook as above.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Christmas Cake (Dene's version)
- Knafeh (Middle Eastern Custard Dessert)
- Belizean Style Habanero Sauce - Hot Chilli Sauce
- Chocolate Grand Marnier Truffles
- Spiced Beetroot & Orange Chutney
- Pina Colada Sorbet
- Vegetable Curry - Pav Bhaji Style
- Prawns Diablo
- Meatballs and Pine Nuts in Tomato Sauce (similar to Dawood Baasha)
- Tan Slice (Sticky Caramel)
- Walnut Bread Rolls (Danish Style)
- Pumpkin Soup with Peanut Butter