- 230 g brown rice
- 100 g dried chickpeas
- 100 g arrowroot or tapioca starch
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3.5 tsp GF baking powder
- 2 tsp celtic sea salt
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 310 g whole milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 80 g rice bran oil
- 40 g maple syrup (real)
Pre heat oven to 190ºC or 180ºC fan forced.
Line heavy bread tin 26.5 x 10.5 x 10.5 cm with baking paper.
Place rice and chickpeas into TM bowl and mill for 1 min on speed 9. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add remaining dry ingredients and mix for 6 seconds on speed 6.
Add wet ingredients and mix for a maximum of 15 seconds on speed 6.
Transfer the thick batter to lined bread tin, spread it out evenly with a spatula, then bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until a skewer remains clean after insertion in the loaf. Immediately remove loaf from bread tin and baking paper. Wrap in a clean tea towel then leave in an upright position to cool on a rack. The loaf can be sliced up with an electric bread knife, frozen whole (preferably in a large ziplock bag to minimize ice crystals) then individual slices removed from the loaf and thawed as required.
- Use white sugar
- Milk can be soy, rice or A2
- substitute vinegar for citric ‘lemon’ juice (use 2 tsp of 1/3 tsp citric acid dissolved in 2 Tbsp warm water)
- oil e.g. rice bran oil or sunflower (Crisco) which don’t contain unlisted antioxidants
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- LCHF Bagels
- Using All About Breads mixes
- Pita Bread; Gluten Free, Yeast Free
- Basic Sour Dough Bread
- Chilli Cornbread
- Never Fail Fluffy Bread
- Italian focaccia - Paleo, LCHF, Grain free, Sugar free, Nut free and Gluten free
- Pumpkin and sunflower seed bread (smaller size)
- Simple White Loaf
- Gluten Free Naan
- Large Low Carb Bread Rolls