- 150 g Sourdough starter, See Sourdough Starter recipe
- 360 g water, Room Temperature
- 100 g Wholeground rye flour, (or wholemeal flour)
- 550 g bakers flour
- 15 g baking powder, (or malt; or bread improver)
- 1 teaspoon salt
Add all ingredients except salt to the TM bowl and mix speed 4 for 5 seconds
Rest for 30 minutes in TMX bowl. Dislodge from blades before next step.
Add salt; then knead for 2 minutes, interval speed.
Tip out of bowl and knead into a round ball shape. Place in an oiled bowl or Thermomat to rest for 2 hours.
Knead and shape sourdough into a loaf shape & 2nd prove - minimum 4 hours, or overnight. Cooler temp = longer prove = sourer/more intense flavour
Finger poke test - if it bounces back it's not yet ready.
Preheat oven to 250 degrees Celsius.
Slice and spray with water (forms a better crust). Also place 250g of water on a tray at the bottom of the oven.
Place in a preheated oven & reduce the temperature to 220 degrees Celsius; bake for 30-45 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to rest for at least 45 minutes - it will still be cooking after it is removed so don't slice it straight away!!
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Low FODMAP Easy Everyday White Bread
- Wholemeal rolls
- Dutch Oven Bread (crunchy crust) *** WARNING - THIS BREAD NEEDS 12 HOURS OR OVERNIGHT TO RISE!!!
- Breakfast bread
- Simply Delicious Sourdough Bread
- Gluten Free Bread- Go to recipe
- Gluten, Grain and Nut free Bread rolls
- Jumbo White Bread Loaf
- Wholemeal and Grain Bread
- Lebanese bread (pocket pita)
- vegan hot cross buns
- Corn Bread
- Mums Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- British Take-Away Chicken Korma
- Indian Parsnip Soup with Coriander Sambal
- Delicious Chocolate Cake
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake
- Redskin Fudge
- Sticky Date Pudding
- Creamy Cauliflower & Bacon Risotto
- Sweet and Sour Beans
- Palla di Mozzarella
- CWA pumpkin scones
- Irish Muffins (aka Rock Cakes)