- 150 g Sourdough starter, See Sourdough Starter recipe
- 360 g water, Room Temperature
- 100 g Wholeground rye flour, (or wholemeal flour)
- 550 g bakers flour
- 15 g baking powder, (or malt; or bread improver)
- 1 teaspoon salt
Add all ingredients except salt to the TM bowl and mix speed 4 for 5 seconds
Rest for 30 minutes in TMX bowl. Dislodge from blades before next step.
Add salt; then knead for 2 minutes, interval speed.
Tip out of bowl and knead into a round ball shape. Place in an oiled bowl or Thermomat to rest for 2 hours.
Knead and shape sourdough into a loaf shape & 2nd prove - minimum 4 hours, or overnight. Cooler temp = longer prove = sourer/more intense flavour
Finger poke test - if it bounces back it's not yet ready.
Preheat oven to 250 degrees Celsius.
Slice and spray with water (forms a better crust). Also place 250g of water on a tray at the bottom of the oven.
Place in a preheated oven & reduce the temperature to 220 degrees Celsius; bake for 30-45 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to rest for at least 45 minutes - it will still be cooking after it is removed so don't slice it straight away!!
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- GF vegan buckwheat bread
- Mini fruit brioche
- Allergy Friendly Banana Bread
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- LCHF Bagels
- Using All About Breads mixes
- Pita Bread; Gluten Free, Yeast Free
- Basic Sour Dough Bread
- Chilli Cornbread
- Never Fail Fluffy Bread
- Italian focaccia - Paleo, LCHF, Grain free, Sugar free, Nut free and Gluten free
- Sweet potato, Carrot and Apple Puree
- Pizza pasta salad
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Creamy spinach and mushroom pasta
- Mediterranean Carrot Fritters
- Maltese Baked Rice
- Pork apple & fennel meatloaf
- Tomato, lentil and fish dahl
- Broccoli, Cauli and Zucchini Soup
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Caribbean Vegan Potato and Chickpea Curry
- Pad see ew