- 15 grams dried yeast or 40 g fresh
- 100 grams Spelt grain
- 2 teaspoons coriander seed
- 200 grams buckwheat grains
- 500 grams white spelt flour
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2.5 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons Hemp seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Mixed seeds, For sprinkling on top of bread
- 750 grams Filtered lukewarm water
Oil and flour a crockpot (casserole dish with lid) or other cake tin (35cm long)
If using fresh yeast, mix it in a bowl with 100g of the lukewarm water and let rest for 10 minutes.
In meantime mill the spelt grain and coriander seeds
50 sec/Speed 9
Add buckwheat and mill 2 secs/Speed 7 so buckwheat is just cracked
Add all other ingredients including the yeast mix or dry yeast and water
Combine Speed 4-5, with help of spatula until all mixed
Mixture will be sticky unlike normal bread dough
Add to the prepared baking dish or tin and sprinkle with extra seeds
Put lid on casserole dish or cake tin
Place in cold oven and bake on lowest rack 210 degrees for
After first 30 minutes take lid off
Bread needs to sound hollow when tapped
For a better crust place bread on oven rack (without casserole dish or cake tin) for another 10 minutes
Enjoy with savoury and sweet toppings
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.