- 8 large green apples, peeled, cored, roughly chopped
- 10 g water
- 20 g sugar
- 350 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 175 g Butter, softened
- 115 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 35 g Milk
- 800 g Stewed Apples, drained
- cinnamon, (optional)
- icing sugar, (optional)
1h 0minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
The Apples:- (Alternatively, use a 800g tin of stewed apples)
Place apples into TM bowl. Chop 3 sec/speed 6
Add Water. Cook 10 min/100°C//speed 1
Add Sugar. 5 sec//speed 4
Transfer to another bowl and allow to cool.
Clean and dry TM bowl.
Now the Apple Shortcake:-
Grease and flour a sponge roll tin.
Heat oven at 180°C.
Into the TM bowl, add plain flour, baking powder, salt, butter, sugar, egg, and milk
20 sec/speed 4
Divide mixture into 2 portions.
Roll out on your TM mat, the 1st portion of dough to fit a sponge roll tin.
Place into the prepared sponge roll tin. (see tip below)
Layer cold stewed apples thinly on the 1st portion of dough.
Dust with cinnamon (optional).
Roll out on your TM mat, the 2nd portion of dough (again to fit the sponge roll tin) and place on top of the apple layer. (see tip)
Prick this layer randomly with a fork.
Bake 40 minutes in the oven
When cool you may wish to dust with Icing Sugar (optional)
Accessories you need
Transferring the dough from your TM mat to the cake tin:-
I cover my TM Mat with cling wrap, place the dough on top of this, then place another piece of cling wrap on top of my dough.
I then roll the dough to the required size.
(The cling wrap stops the dough sticking to the rolling pin, and breaking up too much).
Peel off the top layer of cling wrap and you will find that you can easily lift and flip the pastry (holding the bottom piece of cling wrap) on to the apples.
Now all you need to do is peel off the cling wrap!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream
- Delectable Vanilla Fudge
- Easy Crepe Recipe
- Impossible Pie
- Vegan no bake energy balls (birthday cake) from The Edgy Veg
- Converted Healthy Mummy chocolate weetbix slice
- Lavender Icecream
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- White Nectarine & Pink Lady Sorbet
- Gluten Free Fruit Crumble
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Mum's Homemade Tomato Sauce
- Salmon and Spinach Quiche with Pea Pesto
- Lebanese Easter Biscuits (Ma'amoul Biscuits)
- Passionfruit Slice (Gluten-Free)
- Lemon Curd Slice (Gluten-Free)
- Pearl Barley with Spinach & Pork Mince
- Lemon Delicious Pudding
- Apricot Loaf (Non-Dairy)
- Date & Walnut Loaf (Gluten Free & Non-Dairy)
- My Nacho Feast!
- Creamy Mushroom Soup