- 500 g Milk
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped with seeds, or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or paste
- 4 egg yolks, or two whole eggs
- 10-15 g cornflour, [one tablespoon]
- 50 g sugar
Add all ingredients to Thermomix bowl.
Cook for 6 minutes, 80 degrees on Speed 4 .
Remove the vanilla bean, and serve hot or chilled.
For a thicker custard, for fillings etc, use four whole eggs, and 30 grams cornflour.
For a richer custard, substitute half the milk for cream.
For creme anglaise: Make the thicker custard and chill. Once well chilled, fold in 250-500 grams whipped cream. To make whipped cream, place full cream into clean TM bowl and beat speed 4 for 20-50 seconds until a nice thickness, but not too stiff.
You can omit the vanilla.
Citrus: add rind of one lemon, lime or orange.
Chocolate: Add 50 grams dark chocolate [70% is good) or 30 grams of cocoa powder
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- marble cheese brownies
- Toblerone & Caramel Simple Ice Cream
- Jules Bliss Balls
- Rocky Road
- Choc Mousse 2 ingredients low Fodmap
- Cookie Dough Protein Bars
- Variation Choc Mint Bliss Balls with Crown Mints
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- Indian rice pudding
- Cherry Sauce
- Anniebee's Nutella Spread [no added sugar]
- Lime and Coconut Cake
- Real chocolate ice cream
- Annieb's Healthy Carrot Cake [no sugar or oil]
- Vanilla Shortbread
- Rocky Road Salami
- 60 Second Strawberry Cake
- Very Red Velvet Mud Cake
- Anniebees Adulterated Anzac Cookies
- Loukoumia - Greek or Turkish Delight
- Wattleseed Shortbread
- PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE CAKE/CUPCAKE
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Creamy Fruit Cake
- Passionfruit and coconut cake
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- French Chocolate Teacake
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- Nut butter Porridge