- 235 g plain flour
- 15 g icing sugar
- 140 g Butter
- 1 --- egg yolk
- 40 g cold water
- grated lemon zest, From 2 lemons
- 200 g sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 125 g lemon juice
- 70 g cornflour
- 500 g water
- 60 g Butter
- 4 egg whites
- 150 g caster sugar
Lightly grease a 24cm pie dish.
Sift together plain flour and icing sugar 5 seconds/Sp 10.
Add remaining pastry ingredients and mix 30 seconds/ mode.
Wrap in Thermo mat and refrigerate 30 minutes.
Roll out pastry on lightly floured thermo mat until the correct size for your pie dish. Carefully flip into pie dish, placing baking paper and some rice or baking beans on top. Bake in moderate (180 C) oven for 10 minutes.
Remove beans or rice and paper, bake another 10 minutes and allow to cool.
Grate rind of 2 lemons into .
Add remaining filling ingredients, mixing 10 seconds/Speed 6.
Add butter, cook 10 minutes/80 degrees/Speed 2.
Set aside in a bowl to cool before transferring to pastry case.
Insert butterfly whisk into .
Place egg whites into and whip 3-4 minutes/50 degrees/Speed 3.5.
Mix 4 minutes/50 degrees/Speed 3, adding castor sugar 1 tbsp at a time through hole in mixing bowl lid.
The mixture should be nice and smooth and have a glossy appearance.
Preheat oven to 190 C.
Gently spread evenly the lemon filling into the pastry.
Spoon meringue mixture evenly onto filling.
With a fork swirl the egg white mixture until it forms some nice peaks. (This just makes the pie look great).
Bake for approximately 5 minutes and allow to cool to room temperature.
Whilst cooling, take a photo of your hard work as it will all disappear very fast!!
Assembling and cooking.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cale's Crepes
- Chocolate icecream
- Chocolate Brownie
- Heydon's Crepes
- Golden Syrup Dumplings-Using Simmering Basket
- Golden Syrup Dumplings using Blade Cover
- Banana & Hazelnut Icecream
- Caramilky Cheesecake
- Variation of Jamie Oliver’s Sticky Date Toffee Pudding
- Caramilk Ice Cream
- Caramilk Mousse with strawberries
- Caramilk baked cheesecake
- Fudgy Chocolate, Beetroot and Banana Cupcakes
- Marion Grasby's Spicy Sichuan Wontons
- Lotus Biscoff Spread
- Variation Donna Hay's Salted Caramel and Vanilla Baked Cheesecake
- Batter (for Sweet and Sour/ Honey Sesame/ fish etc)
- Applesauce muffins
- Cale's Crepes
- Thermo Cazza's Crumble Mixture
- Layelles Too Easy Moist Date & Coconut Loaf
- Citrus Fruit Mamalade
- Fish with ginger, chilli and soy dressing.