- 300 grams soft butter
- 400 grams sugar
- 500 grams Self Raising Flour
- 4 large eggs
- 165 grams Milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 20 grams cocoa
- 30 grams icing sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and spray a bundt tin with cooking spray
2. Add all the white mixture ingredients into the bowl: soft butter (300g), sugar (400g), self raising flour (500g), eggs (4), milk (165g), vanilla essence (2 tsp). Mix for 30 seconds/speed 5.
3. Scrape down sides and mix again for 1 minute/speed5 or until well mixed.
4. Transfer 2/3 of the white mixture into the bunt tin.
5. With remaining white mixture still in your Thermomix add all black mixture ingredients: cocoa (20g), icing sugar (30g), baking soda (1/8 tsp). Mix for 15 seconds/speed 5.
6. Scrape down sides and mix again for 5 seconds/speed 5.
7. Pour the black mixture on top of the white mixture in the bunt tin. Use a knife to swirl through the mixture to create the marble effect.
8. Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
9. Dust with icing sugar for decoration (optional) and serve.
You can mill your own icing sugar for the black mixture before starting if you dont have any.
You can also dust with icing sugar or spread the cake with chocolate icing once cooled.
Store in an airtight container to keep it moist.
It freezes well.
If you try this recipe, I would very much appreciate your feedback by leaving a comment and rating.
Come visit me on facebook at 'Fayi Cookbooks' for more recipes
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- The perfect caramel slice
- Malteser slice
- Strawberry Carrot Leather
- Breakfast Bliss Balls
- Easy Peasy Chocolate Mousse
- THE BEST RAW AVOCADO CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- Strawberry Chia Pudding
- White chocolate mousse logs
- All American Chocolate Shake
- White Chocolate & Coconut Custard
- Quick Freezer Chocolate
- Quick Reliable Fudge
- Pink & White Coconut Ice (Breast Cancer Foundation / Think Pink Fundraiser)
- Traditional Lemonade Scones
- Lemon and Peach Potion Pots For Halloween
- Easy Two Ingredient Scones
- Zucchini Leek soup Failsafe
- Failsafe chicken
- Bloody Coconut Ice
- Cashew cookies (failsafe)
- Failsafe bread
- Rice porridge (failsafe)
- Chocolate nut muffin
- Mussels in a Red Sauce soup