- 500 grams Desiccated Coconut
- 1000 grams icing sugar
- 160 grams water
- food colouring of choice
- 1 can Condesed Milk, or make your own (make it with coconut milk for dairy free)
- Red Food Coluring
- Black food colouring
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
9Afternoon tea Snack Alcohol-free Children food Egg free Gluten free Lactose free Non-dairy Vegetarian Nut free Autumn Carnival Christmas Easter Father's Day Grandparent's Day Halloween Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Winter BBQ Birthday Children birthday Everyday Gift Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Creative Easy Low budget Natural Quick Dessert
1. Line a slice tray with baking paper or use a silicone tray
2. Add 250g of coconut and 500g icing sugar and mix for 10 seconds speed 5
3. Scrape down sides and add 80 g water then mix again for 10 seconds speed 5
4. Spread mixture evenly in tray
5. Repeat steps 2 and 3 including your choice of colour when adding the water. Scrape down sides and continue to blend until colour is mixed through
6. Once colour is evenly mixed in spread over white mixture
7. Refridgerate while you make blood
1. Add condesed milk, a couple drops of red food colour and a drop of black food colour
2. Mix on speed 5 for 30 seconds
3. Scrape down sides, adjust colour if needed and mix again until colour is mixed in
You can now cut up your coconut slice and drizzle some blood on top by pouring some in a zip lock bag and snipping the end off.
You can colour the coconut ice any colour you like depending on the occasion eg christmas can be red or green
You dont have to make the whole batch of edibled blood but I like to cause you can sprinkle it on anything like:
CupcakesPopcorn An appleA cakemake Lyche eyeballs with a blueberry eye and sit them in itOver biscuitsOn glass cupsMeringue White choc dipped strawberries Put it through ice creamMacarons Truffles Cake pops
If you try this recipe, I would very much appreciate your feedback by leaving a comment and rating.
Come visit me on facebook at 'Fayi Cookbooks' for more recipes
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- marble cheese brownies
- Toblerone & Caramel Simple Ice Cream
- Jules Bliss Balls
- Rocky Road
- Choc Mousse 2 ingredients low Fodmap
- Cookie Dough Protein Bars
- Variation Choc Mint Bliss Balls with Crown Mints
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- Indian rice pudding
- Caramilk No Bake Cheesecake
- Pink & White Coconut Ice (Breast Cancer Foundation / Think Pink Fundraiser)
- Traditional Lemonade Scones
- Lemon and Peach Potion Pots For Halloween
- Easy Two Ingredient Scones
- Black and White Marble Cake
- Zucchini Leek soup Failsafe
- Failsafe chicken
- Cashew cookies (failsafe)
- Failsafe bread
- Rice porridge (failsafe)
- Chocolate nut muffin
- Mussels in a Red Sauce soup