- 120 grams raw almonds
- 150 grams fresh dates, pitted, e.g. Medjool
- 170 grams raisins or sultanas
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao or cocoa powder
- 50 grams Grand Marnier
- 60 grams desciccated coconut, plus extra for coating
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place almonds into the mixing bowl and mill 8-10 sec/speed 7 or until ground to a fine consistency.
2. Add the deates and raisins and chop 10 sec/speed 8 or until finely chopped.
3. Add cacao powder, Grand Marnier, and coconut and blend 10 sec/speed 7 or until the mixture forms a smooth paste.
4. Spread the extra coconut onto a clean surface. Using your hands, separate the mixture into small balls and roll in the coconut to coat. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Accessories you need
Adapted from Louise Fullton Keats "Chocolate Coconut Balls"in "Something for Everyone".
Louise uses fresh orange juice for a kid friendly alternative. I was out of orange juice one day
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Butterscotch Impossible Pie
- Notella Bliss Balls
- CREAMED RICE (THERMOMUMMA)
- Apple Protein Balls
- Gingerbread Waffles with (or without) Toffee Sauce
- Caramilk White Christmas Slice
- Variation Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Mars Bar Slice ( No Bake)
- Crunchy fritters batter (Pisang/Cempedak goreng rangup)
- Sticky Date Puddings
- Vegan Caramel Cups
- Bubur Sumsum