- 30 pitted prunes
- 150 grams castor sugar
- 200 grams water
- 200 grams brandy
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 pod vanilla
- 2 whole cloves
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Weigh sugar, water & brandy into TM bowl and add the cloves, vanilla pod and cinnamon quill (split & scrape out seeds first) and cook 8 min 100 degrees on speed stir, reverse.
Add the prunes to TM bowl and cook for a further 4 min on 100 degrees, speed stir, reverse.
Pour into a clean jar and let cool before storing in the fridge.
It is best to leave these for at least 24 hours to steep.
These last indefinately once refridgerated.
These are perfect with a rich vanilla ice cream, syrup included.
A 1/2 teaspoon of the syrup is delicious in a glass of champagne.
I actually use them for my marzipan prunes - post to come.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream
- Delectable Vanilla Fudge
- Easy Crepe Recipe
- Impossible Pie
- Vegan no bake energy balls (birthday cake) from The Edgy Veg
- Converted Healthy Mummy chocolate weetbix slice
- Lavender Icecream
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- White Nectarine & Pink Lady Sorbet
- Gluten Free Fruit Crumble
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Green Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Traditional ANZAC biscuits
- Gluten free cheesecake caramel slice
- Apple and cinnamon muffins
- Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- raspberry & coconut slice
- Lisa's Banana Muffins
- Hot cross buns
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Claypot Rice