- 100 g white sugar
- 130 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces (1-2 cm), plus extra for greasing
- 30 g white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200 g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 lemon, zest only, no white pith
- 250 g white sugar
- 1000 g quark or fresh ricotta cheese, well drained (see Tips)
- 5 eggs, seperated
- 80 g cornflour
- 650 g full cream milk
- 40 g lemon juice (approx. 1 lemon)
- 120 g Grapeseed Oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Place sugar into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10. Transfer icing sugar into a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a rectangular baking dish (32 x 22 x 7 cm) and set aside.
- Place butter, sugar, eggs and flour into mixing bowl and mix 5 sec/speed 6. Transfer dough into prepared baking dish. Dust hands with a little extra flour, then evenly spread dough over base of dish and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place lemon zest and sugar into mixing bowl and mill 20 sec/spoeed 9.
- Add quark or well drained ricotta, egg yolks, cornflour, milk, lemon juice and oil and mix 3 min/speed 6.
- Transfer cheese mixture into prepared baking dish and spread evenly over base. Bake for 50 minutes (180°C) or until light golden brown. Set aside in tin to cool. Thoroughly clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Insert butterflywhisk. Place egg whites and salt into mixing bowl and beat 3 min/speed 3, without measuring cup.
- Beat for a further 3 min/speed 3, slowly adding reserved icing sugar through hole in mixing bowl lid 1 teaspoon at a time, until light and fluffy.
- Remove butterfly whisk. Transfer meringue topping onto cake in baking tin and spread over evenly with spatula. Bake for 10 minutes (180°C) or until lightly golden on top. Set aside to cool for a minimum of 2 hours before serving.
Filling and meringue topping
After setting aside to cool, you may notice a few drops of condensation on the slice, this is the desired result.
Also known as farmer's cheese, quark is a soft cheese popular in Northern and Eastern Europe. Quark can be purchased in some delis and specialty food stores. To make your own, you can find the recipe in our cookbook Vegetarian Kitchen.
To make your own ricotta, visit Cookidoo® (www.cookidoo.com.au) and register to receive your free Welcome collection of 10 Thermomix favourite recipes, including homemade ricotta.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Healthy Coconut Custard
- Hot Cross Bun Bliss Balls
- Cheesecake filled Easter eggs
- Chocolate weetbix balls
- No Melt Buttercream icing for the Tropics
- Gut Loving Strawberry & Coconut Gummies
- The Best Buttercream Icing
- Lemon Lime Bliss Balls, Dairy Free, Vegan, DoTerra
- Salted Caramilk Slice
- Mini Choc-Raspberry Tarts
- Lemon Energy Balls
- Healthy Mousse
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- Moroccan cauliflower 'çous cous' salad - Fouad Kassab
- Pierogi with saurkraut and mushroom filling
- Zucchini, Ham and Corn Bites
- Healthy Coconut Custard
- Custard Cross Buns
- Chunky beef, bacon and red wine pie filling
- "Rice cakes" with blueberry sauce.
- Knafeh (Middle Eastern Custard Dessert)
- Cauliflower steaks with lemon coconut sauce
- Cherry Sauce
- Cherry yoghurt cheesecake
- Christmas Shortbread
- Cel's Delicious Honey Chicken
- Hot Chocolate