- 100 g white sugar
- 130 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces (1-2 cm), plus extra for greasing
- 30 g white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200 g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 lemon, zest only, no white pith
- 250 g white sugar
- 1000 g quark or fresh ricotta cheese, well drained (see Tips)
- 5 eggs, seperated
- 80 g cornflour
- 650 g full cream milk
- 40 g lemon juice (approx. 1 lemon)
- 120 g Grapeseed Oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Place sugar into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10. Transfer icing sugar into a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a rectangular baking dish (32 x 22 x 7 cm) and set aside.
- Place butter, sugar, eggs and flour into mixing bowl and mix 5 sec/speed 6. Transfer dough into prepared baking dish. Dust hands with a little extra flour, then evenly spread dough over base of dish and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place lemon zest and sugar into mixing bowl and mill 20 sec/spoeed 9.
- Add quark or well drained ricotta, egg yolks, cornflour, milk, lemon juice and oil and mix 3 min/speed 6.
- Transfer cheese mixture into prepared baking dish and spread evenly over base. Bake for 50 minutes (180°C) or until light golden brown. Set aside in tin to cool. Thoroughly clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Insert butterflywhisk. Place egg whites and salt into mixing bowl and beat 3 min/speed 3, without measuring cup.
- Beat for a further 3 min/speed 3, slowly adding reserved icing sugar through hole in mixing bowl lid 1 teaspoon at a time, until light and fluffy.
- Remove butterfly whisk. Transfer meringue topping onto cake in baking tin and spread over evenly with spatula. Bake for 10 minutes (180°C) or until lightly golden on top. Set aside to cool for a minimum of 2 hours before serving.
Filling and meringue topping
After setting aside to cool, you may notice a few drops of condensation on the slice, this is the desired result.
Also known as farmer's cheese, quark is a soft cheese popular in Northern and Eastern Europe. Quark can be purchased in some delis and specialty food stores. To make your own, you can find the recipe in our cookbook Vegetarian Kitchen.
To make your own ricotta, visit Cookidoo® (www.cookidoo.com.au) and register to receive your free Welcome collection of 10 Thermomix favourite recipes, including homemade ricotta.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dairy Free Strawberry Ice Cream (refined sugar free)
- Delicious healthy version of Lemon Slice - Dairy Free
- Strawberry Frozen yogurt
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tim Tam tarts (or cheesecake)
- Black rice steam cake gluten-free
- Easy strawberry baked cheesecake
- VEGAN CHOC MINT FUDGE
- VEGAN SALTED CARAMEL FUDGE
- Cherry ripe ice-cream slice
- Creamy Vanilla Ice-cream
- Nutella chocolate mousse
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Easy budget sausage rolls
- Apple slice with Passionfruit Icing
- No-Mac Chicken Nuggets with Sweet 'N' Sour sauce
- Easy strawberry baked cheesecake
- NO WHEAT, LOW GLUTEN RAISIN BREAD
- Creamy tomato pasta sauce
- Heidi's German Spritz Cookies
- The Sisters Tomato Relish
- Light & Tangy Lemon Meringue Pie
- Nan's Little Kisses
- Chicken Spesh
- Mac n Cheeky