- 125 g Butter
- 125 g caster sugar
- 220 g plain flour
- 20 g cocoa
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon water
- 200 g cream
- 100 g Butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 orange, finely zested
- 200 g white chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 100 g caster sugar
- 200 g frozen cherries
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Gelatine powder
- 20 g Boiling water
1h 40minPreparation 45minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Place butter, suagr, flour, cocoa, and egg into bowl. Mix 15-20 sec/sp5.
3. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again 20 sec/sp5, adding water as needed. Do not over mix.
4. Knead lightly on Thermomat. Wrap and refridgerate for 20min.
5. Roll out to a thinkness of about 3mm and line a greased 20cm deep tart tin or 25cm shallow tart tin.
6. Refridgerate for 10min.
7. Prick base of tart with a fork, before blind baking for approx 15min, or until edges are cooked.
8. Remove baking weights and return to oven for a further 5 min or until base is cooked.
1. Preheat oven to 150C.
2. Heat cream, butter, vanilla and orange zest for 4min/temp 100/sp4.
3. Add white chocolate and mix 1min/sp4 until the chocolate is melted. Remove and set aside.
4. Wash and dry bowl, insert butterfly whisk. Add castor sugar, eggs and yolks and whisk 2min/sp3.
5. Set to sp3 and gradually poor cream/chocolate mixture into the eggs. Once combined strain through a sieve.
6. Pour filling into baked chocolate pastry case.
7. Bake for 40min or until filling is set.
1. Add cherries and sugar and heat 5min/temp70/sp4.
2. Combine gelatine with boiling water and stir until dissolved.
3. Add gelatine mixture to hot berries and mix sp3/10sec. Then increase to sp9 and puree.
4. Pour through a sieve and then pour over the tart.
5. Refridgerate until set.
White Chocolate Custard Filling
Accessories you need
This recipe makes a large tart so you can either use a deep (5cm) tart tin 20cm round or a larger shallow tin. If using the shallow tin I suggest reducing the cooking time for the filling by 5-10 min.
You could replace the cherries with raspberries for an alternative topping.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Clean Snickers Slice
- Taro and sago
- BLACK RICE YOGHURT
- Varoma Rhubarb
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- Omega3 Brain Boost Mousse
- Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream
- Delectable Vanilla Fudge
- Easy Crepe Recipe
- Impossible Pie
- Vegan no bake energy balls (birthday cake) from The Edgy Veg
- Converted Healthy Mummy chocolate weetbix slice
- Hommus Cups - WA School Canteen Association Assessed - GREEN
- Gluten Free Cheese Puffs - WA School Canteen- Assessed AMBER
- Vegetable Pasta Sauce - WA School Canteen - Assessed
- Baked Ricotta
- Skolebrod (Norwegian Custard Buns)
- Chilli Beetroot Relish
- Chocolate Raspberry Drizzle Cake
- Blueberry and Coconut Mini Muffins (Wheat Free)
- Spelt Banana Loaf
- Popcorn Bars
- Gluten Free Yeast Free Egg Free Bread Rolls
- Wontons in Chilli Broth
- Black Bean Brownies - dairy and gluten free
- Clean Snickers Slice
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Fettuccini Boscaiola
- Bertha's "St. Patrick's" Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Smoked Trout Dip
- Autumn Pear cake
- Spicy turmeric latte
- Golden syrup spice cookies