- 400 grams coconut cream, Or full Cream
- 400 grams coconut milk, Or Milk of Choice
- 4 egg yolks, Use silken tofu for vegan option
- 120 grams raw sugar, Or substitute for your prefered sweetner
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch, Tapioca would work too.
- 700 grams morello cherries, Roughly Chopped
- 1 pinches salt, Optional
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 300 grams cherry juice, Reserved from jar of Morello Cherries
- 100 grams morello cherries, about half a cup reserved from jar
- 2 tsp Gelatine powder, Use Agar agar for vegan option
- 30 grams raw sugar, Or substitute for your prefered sweetner
- 20 grams arrowroot starch
- 300 grams Lindt Dark Chocolate, Or other dairy free chocolate
- 60 grams coconut oil
- 1 pinches salt
- 12 Posical sticks or Ice block moulds, (if you don't have moulds you can use a heart shaped cookie cutter)
- 1-2 Large baking Tray Lined with Baking paper or ThermoMat
12h 0minPreparation 12h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Clear a tray or two of your freezer to place the moulds (or tray). Use your Steamer Basket to Strain the Morello Cherries (keep the juice).
- Add all Ice Cream Base ingredients to the bowl (except the morello cherries), cook for 10 mins at 90 Deg on Speed 2.
- While the mixture is cooking, roughly chop the cherries and distribute evenly in the moulds, reserving a handful or two for the jelly. (If you do not have moulds pour into a lined slice pan)
- Pour the cooked mixture over the chopped cherries making sure to leave some space for the jelly to be added later (about 3/4 full) and place in the freezer to chill.
- Add all Cherry Ripe Jelly ingredients (except the reserved cherries) into the bowl and cook for 8 mins at 100 deg on speed 1.
- Add the reserved cherries and stir for 10 secs on (rev) sp 2.
- Allow jelly to cool to Approx. 50 deg or cooler before spooning onto the partially chilled moulds/tray. Use a skewer or paddle pop to gently create swirls or leave them as large jelly blob surprises. My little taste testers preferred larger bits of jelly rather than the swirls.
- Place moulds/tray back into the freezer to firm enough for chocolate dipping. The colder they are the quicker the Chocolate will set and the easier they are to handle (less mess).
*If not using moulds
Remove the frozen ice cream from the freezer and using a large heart shapped cookie cutter press out love heart shaped ice creams. Gently place the popsicle sticks through the centre of the hearts starting at the bottom point of the heart. Place onto ThermoMat (or lined baking tray) in freezer until needed.
Note: To save time simply cut the ice cream into bars at this step
- Add 300g Dairy Free Chocolate into bowl and grate on speed 9 for 10 secs.
- Add 60g Coconut Oil and a pinch of Salt and melt for 5 mins on 37 deg speed 2 or until completly melted. Don't be tempted to turn the heat up or you'll dry the chocolate out.
- Remove your Ice Creams one by one and coat in the mixture (I dip them into the thermie bowl) and allow the excess to drizzle off. Place each completed ice cream back onto the ThermoMat or Lined Baking tray to chill in the freezer.
- For extra garnish you can sprinkle over toasted coconut flakes onto the wet glaze.
- Remove Ice Creams from freezer for a few mins before serving (if you can wait that long). Store in an air tight container until ready to eat.
Ice Cream Base
Cherry Ripe Jelly
These work really well in tiny bite sized moulds and coated in chocolate for a little indulgent treat.
Check out thermomix.com.au/Shop to get your heart or "Magnum" shaped sillicone ice cream moulds or ThermoMat.
Adapted from original recipe https://www.thewhimsicalwife.com/home/2017/11/30/cherry-ripe-have-a-heart-ice-cream-dfgf
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nutty Bliss Balls
- VEGAN CHOCOLATE FUDGE
- White Chocolate Bavarian
- ALMOND GRANITA
- Hunters Chocolate Cranberry Protein Slice (No Bake, vegan)
- Tasty Zesty Lemon Sorbet
- LEMON POSSET serves 12-18 with SUGAR FREE option
- Quick Apricot & Coconut Bliss Balls - Nut & Sugar Free
- F45 Cacao Bliss Balls
- Milo Balls
- Apple Pikelets Egg Free Adaptable
- Choc Mint Fudge
- Pie-maker lemon custard pies
- NO Tin Beetroot
- Annabel Langbein ultimate chocolate cake
- Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- GLUTEN FREE NO ADDED SUGAR PLUM TART
- Curry Spiced Chick Pea Wrap (Flat Bread)
- Amaretti Biscuits
- Yorkshire Pudding
- Keto Scrolls - Mozarella Fat Head Dough
- Beef fajitas
- MEDITERRANEAN SCROLLS