- 100 g sugar
- 30 g cornflour
- 20 g cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 500 g Milk
(1) Place sugar and cornflour in mixing bowl
and mill 10 sec/speed 10
(2) Add remaining ingredients
and cook 7 min/90degrees C/speed 4
(1) SPECIAL DIETS: The custard can be made without eggs. It can also be made with any milk be it for example lactose-free milk, almond milk or rice milk. If a gluten-free custard is required ensure that the cornflour is not made from wheat (as some are), and that it contains no traces of wheat or gluten.
(2) Sugar and cocoa powder can be adjusted to taste. A non-sugar sweetener can also be used. Carob powder can also be used instead of cocoa. The vanilla essence is essential for this custard otherwise the taste is compromised. (Vanilla is often included in chocolate bars.)
(3) For thicker custard add more cornflour and/or eggs. For thinner custard reduce cornflour and/or eggs. For example 10g cornflour and 2 eggs makes a custard of pouring consistancy.
(4) This custard can be eaten hot or cold. Cold custard is thicker than hot.
(5) For a richer custard replace some of the milk with cream, be it cream from cows milk, cashew cream (made in the Thermomix), or coconut-milk cream. The later makes chocolate-coconut custard.
(6) This recipe can be doubled. The custard starts to thicken when the custard reaches 90 degrees C cooking temperature. Cook for about an extra minute past this time. For example doubling the recipe requires about 10 minutes of cooking time in step 2.
Chocolate-Coconut See (5) above.
Jaffa (Chocolate-Orange) Peel thinly the zest off an orange and mill in step 1 with the sugar and cornflour. It is best if the zest is frozen, or if fresh if it has been left on the bench to dry out for about 8 hours.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chai Masala Tea Cake
- Chai Masala & Chai Tea
- Chilli con Carne de Aves (Turkey or Chicken)
- Frangipani ( Almond ) Tart with Cherries
- Apple - A - Day Cake
- Satay Sauce with Quorn Chicken-Style Fillets &/or Vegetables
- Quorn Meat-Style Balls with Tomato Sauce [Suitable for 5:2]
- Spiced Dahl with Spinach [suitable for 5:2]
- Vegetarian Chilli Con Carne (with optional Cauliflower Rice) [suitable for 5:2]
- Easiest Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Evaporated Milk
- Easiest Butter in the Thermomix
- Adrian Richards Banana Bread
- Top Deck Caramel Crunch
- Family Chocolate Cake
- Zoe's Turkish Bread Pride, Pizza Base or Rolls
- Zoe's Mundella Greek Honey Yoghurt using the Crock Pot Express to Set
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- The perfect lemon tart
- Asian Style Mushroom Soup
- Dairy Free Breakfast Smoothie
- Sweetened Langka (jackfruit)
- Choc-caramilk Bavarian