- 100 g sultanas
- 50 g chopped prunes
- 50 g raisins
- 50 g currants
- 50 g glace cherries chopped
- 50 g chopped glace ginger
- 60 g orange juice
- 5 g orange zest
- 60 g brandy
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 125 g Butter
- 75 g brown sugar
- 1 Beaten Egg
- 340 g plain flour
- 5 g mixed spice
12h 5minPreparation 10h 20minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Combine the fruit, orange juice, zest and brandy in a bowl and stand for one hour.
2. Break up the chocolate and place into bowl. Blend for 3 minutes at 60 degrees on speed 2.5. Stop at 1 1/2 minutes, scrape down the sides then continue.
3. Removed the melted chcolate from the bowl and rinse bowl thoroughly.
4. Put the butter and sugar into the Thermomix bowl and mix on speed 4 for 10 seconds.
5. Scrape down the contents with the spatula then mix at speed 4 for 1 minute.
5. Add the egg, fruit mix and melted chocolate and blend at speed 2 for 20 seconds.
6. Add the flour and mixed spice and mix for 6 seconds at speed 4.
7. Scrape down and blend for another 4 seconds speed 4.
8. Pour the mixture into a lined and greased 2 litre pudding bowl. Cover with foil and a tight fitting lid.
9. Place bowl in a large pot of water with the water coming halfway up the side.
10. Cover and boil for 1 3/4 hours topping up the water when required.
11. Leave in the pudding bowl overnight then tip onto serving platter.
12. Serve with custard, brandy butter or butterscotch sauce.
Accessories you need
A proper pudding bowl is a must.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate,Ginger and Orange Bliss Balls / Protein Balls
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Golden Gaytime Slice
- Halawet El Rez
- Maple Pancakes
- Pear sorbet
- Custard (like Paul’s)
- Choc Hazelnut Bliss Balls
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Healthy carrot, chia and walnut balls
- New York Baked Cheesecake
- Chocolate Magic Cake
- Easter Frozen Raspberry Delight
- Amazeballs Protein Balls (Kid friendly)
- Vanilla Cookie Slice (from Rachel Cooks)
- Caramel Crunch Cheesecake (Similar to AWW one)
- Hippety Hop Rocky Road (AKA Easter Rocky Road)
- Armenian Nutmeg Cake
- Weetbix Slice
- Microwave Meringues
- Nutella Pizza
- Stuffed loin of Pork
- Christmas Bark
- Delightful Dukkah
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Maple Pancakes
- Chocolate and mixed berry muffins
- Super simple Cheesecake squares
- Linda’s Protein Balls
- South African Slap Mielie Pap
- English muffins
- Gluten Free Old Fashioned Sultana Biscuits
- Crispy date & chia bars