- 100 grams raw sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 100 grams unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 250 grams water, boiling
- 200 grams Gluten free plain flour
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum, (I think still works fine w/out)
- 3 eggs
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Turbo sugar and cinnamon 3 times for 2 seconds, let it sit for a minute before taking the lid off then set aside for later.
Don't wash the bowl, in fact leave a teaspoon or so behind!
Add butter, salt, vanilla and boiling water
2 minutes, Varoma, speed 3 until butter melted
Add flour & xanthan gum (if using)
MC must be OFF for this step to allow the steam to escape
1 minute, Varoma, speed 5 then scrape down and repeat
1 minute, Varoma, speed 5
Set another 2 mins on timer at speed 5
add the eggs one at a time through the lid every 20 seconds or so while it's running
Heat approx 5cm depth of cooking oil of choice (I usually use canola oil) in a deep frypan (drop a tiny bit of dough in and make sure it's sizzling hot)
pipe lengths of dough into hot oil (kitchen scissors with wet blades are useful to cut dough lengths off) and fry in batches until golden and crispy
Don't overcrowd the pan, the oil will cool down too much, they shouldn't be able to touch each other
Drain on kitchen paper
Sprinkle with reserved cinnamon sugar and serve with chocolate sauce and berries
I believe you can cook these in a "churros maker" too but I don't have one so I just fry them! I've never tried to oven bake them 'cos, well, really ... they're a treat ... I don't make them very often so might as well go all out and fry them!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Choc Mint Bliss Balls with Crown Mints
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- Indian rice pudding
- Caramilk No Bake Cheesecake
- White Chocolate, Cherry Brandy Balls
- Chocolate avocado mousse
- Fresh mango muesli
- Layelles too easy Caramilk Tart
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Layelle’s too easy chocolate tart
- Chocolate Panforte
- Grant's Green Sauce
- Beetroot Smoothie (GF DF NF AIP)
- Nigella's Chocolate Gingerbread
- Double layer chocolate frosted Birthday cake
- Healthy Chocolate, Raspberry and Blueberry muffins
- GF DF Savoury Muffins
- Super Hot Chilli Jam
- Lahme bajin dough recipe
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread