- 500 grams whole milk
- 60 grams brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 35 grams Butter
- 20-30 grams cornflour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
Weigh/measure all ingredients into TM bowl. Cook, as per EDC custard recipe, 7 mins, 90 degrees, speed 4.
As soon as the custard has finished cooking, pour into ice block moulds and insert sticks. Let cool to room temperature before placing in freezer until solid (4-6 hours depending on size of ice block moulds).
Before serving, boil the kettle and pour hot water into a container that will allow you to submerge ice block moulds at least 3/4 of the way up. Dip ice block moulds into hot water for 5 seconds, take them out and remove ice blocks from moulds. These ice blocks are quite soft and can therefore be served straight from the freezer.
The custard begins to set quite quickly. If you don't get around to pouring it into ice block moulds straight away (or if you're using leftovers which I often do) return it to the TM bowl with an additional splash of milk and blitz in 5-second intervals on speed 4 until smooth and pourable.
There's no need to make ice blocks to enjoy this custard, though - it's delicious eaten warm!
Incidentally you can make ice blocks with any flavour custard. Chocolate is delicious, and I often pop a few frozen berries into the moulds before making vanilla ice blocks. Please note other flavour ice blocks tend to set a bit harder and more icy so you might want to let them sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream
- Delectable Vanilla Fudge
- Easy Crepe Recipe
- Impossible Pie
- Vegan no bake energy balls (birthday cake) from The Edgy Veg
- Converted Healthy Mummy chocolate weetbix slice
- Lavender Icecream
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- White Nectarine & Pink Lady Sorbet
- Gluten Free Fruit Crumble
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Protein bars
- Chocolate Crackle Egg Nests
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Banana Spelt Muffins
- Hemp rolls Vegan/Paleo/Gaps
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Blueberry and Lemon Hot Cross Buns
- Black Glutinous Rice Cake