- 300g nuts & seeds, e.g. almonds, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, desiccated coconut
- 200 g dried fruit e.g. dates, raisins, apricots
- 150 g dried feijoa flesh
- 150 g nut butter, e.g. almond, cashew, peanut
- 100 g Raw Honey
- 2 Tbs raw cocoa powder, optional
- 2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp Vanilla Paste
Finely grind nuts and seeds in TM bowl, 10 sec/ speed 10, scrape off wall and repeat if necessary.
Chop all dried fruit in TM bowl 20 sec/ speed 7.
Add nut butter, honey, cocoa powder and spices, mix 10 sec/ speed 4.
Add ground nuts and seeds to create a soft to medium paste.
Place in extra bowl to let the paste firm up for about 30 minutes before shaping the rabbits.
The nuts will take up some of the honey and nut butter and the paste will firm up.
You should be able to shape about 7 rabbits.
If you decide to shape eggs from the mix, you should get around 40 eggs.
(I made 2 rabbits of ~140g and 35 eggs from the ingredients given.)
If you like you can roll the eggs in dessicated coconut or cocoa powder.
Let the eggs dry on a tray over night, wrap in strips of foil and then roll up in a 15x 15cm square of cellophane in the colour of your choice, twist ends iike a lolly.
Feijoa & Nut Mix
Accessories you need
The moisture in the dried fruit will determine the "stickiness" of the mix.If it is too dry you can add 1-2 Tbsp water or strong coffee.
If it is too wet sprinkle over more ground nuts and knead them in.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cale's Crepes
- Chocolate icecream
- Chocolate Brownie
- Heydon's Crepes
- Golden Syrup Dumplings-Using Simmering Basket
- Golden Syrup Dumplings using Blade Cover
- Banana & Hazelnut Icecream
- Caramilky Cheesecake
- Variation of Jamie Oliver’s Sticky Date Toffee Pudding
- Caramilk Ice Cream
- Caramilk Mousse with strawberries
- Caramilk baked cheesecake