- 2 packets of Arnotts Lattice biscuits or Sao biscuits
- 100 - 150 g sugar, (to taste)
- 75 g cornflour
- 4 eggs
- 750 g Milk
- 250 g thick cream
- 60 g Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste, (heaped)
- 15 g Butter, softened or room temp
- 1 1/4 cups icing sugar
- 2 tbsp thick cream
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- pink food colouring
1. Line a 9cm square cake tin (or similar) with foil (or baking paper) leaving the foil to hang over the sides (so you can lift the slice from the tin when set).
2. Place biscuits into tray ensuring the entire base is covered. You will need to cut some biscuits in half to fill the gaps.
(if using lattice biscuits place biscuits glossy side up)
1. Place sugar and cornflour into TM bowl and pilverise for 20 sec / Sp 9.
2. Scrape down sides of bowl.
3. Add remaining filling ingredients and cook for 10 min / 90 degrees / sp 4.
4. Allow to cool for 5 mins before pouring over biscuit base.
5. Immediately top with remaining biscuits, again cutting biscuits to fit where necessary.
6. Place in fridge to cool while you make the icing.
I mix this by hand while filling is cooking but it can also be done in TM if desired.
1. In a bowl, gradually combine the icing sugar with the butter, smoothing out any lumps.
2. As you get to the last bit of icing sugar, add the Thick cream. Again combine and smooth so there are no lumps.
3. Add Vanilla essence and food colouring. Combine well.
4. Take slice from fridge and top with the icing
5. Refridgerate again.
6. Can be eaten after about an hour or so but best left overnight.
Accessories you need
Substitute pink icing for your favourte vanilla slice topping like passionfruit icing ... yum
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Donut ice-cream
- Superfood Seed Bar
- Barney Banana Ice Cream
- Super Easy Waffles
- Biscoff Icecream
- Cherry Ripe Slice
- Raw Berry Caramel Slice
- Snow Skin Mooncake
- Mooncake Fruit Custard Filling
- Mandarin, Almond & Cardamom Muffins
- Apple & Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- White Chocolate & Berry Cheesecake - Gluten Free
- Japanese cotton cheesecake
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Chocolate Scottish Tablet (Crumbly Chocolate Fudge)
- Chedar Cheese Spread (Like Cheez Whizz)
- Chocolate Cake
- Filipino Pandesal
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- Vegan Lemon Curd
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF