- 50 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces (1 cm), plus extra for greasing
- 160 g Granita® or Butternut Snap biscuits® (or a mixture of both)
- 100 g sugar
- 2 limes, zest only, no white pith
- 10-15 mint leaves, plus extra for garnishing
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp white Cuban rum
- 300 g pouring (whipping) cream
- Grease and line a springform cake tin (22 cm) and set aside.
Place biscuits and butter into mixing bowl and blend 10-20 sec/speed 5, until combined and mixture is moist.
- Transfer mixture into prepared cake tin and spread evenly over base, pressing down slightly to make a firm crumb base. Transfer to the freezer while you prepare the filling. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place sugar, lime peel and mint leaves into mixing bowl and chop 10-15 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat, as required, until all peel and leaves are finely chopped.
- Add cream cheese and mix 1 min/speed 4, until well combined and fluffy. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl and repeat, if required.
- Add lime juice and rum and blend a further 10 sec/speed 5. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Insert butterfly. Place cream into mixing bowl and whip without setting a time/speed 4, until firm. Be careful not to over-whip. Add reserved cheese mixture and combine 6 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and mix a further 3 sec/speed 3.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the biscuit base. Cover with plastic wrap and return to the freezer for several hours (3-4 hours) before serving. Remove from freezer about 30 minutes before serving to soften a little. Then garnish with a little mint, slice and serve.
Accessories you need
Useful items:springform cake tin (22 cm)
baking paperThis recipe is from Delicious Journeys, the second cookbook in the Cooking Passions series, by Nico Moretti. Purchase online here.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apple & Rasperry Crumble
- Cacao Pistachio Bliss Balls
- Wholesome Choco Fix Balls
- Raw Lemon Slice
- DATE & COCONUT BLISS BALLS
- CARAMEL GINGER FUDGE
- Strawberry Bliss Balls
- Caramel Hemp Protein Balls
- Dans frozen treats Variation Frozen Mango Bars...
- Dans Nuts. Doughnuts that is. Variation Jam Ball Donuts.
- Dairy and Egg free Chocolate Custard
- Janine's Berry Bounty Bites - Thermie and Friends
- Crostata di Ricotta (Almond and Ricotta tart)
- Mushroom and Spinach Risotto
- French Gougeres
- Zucchini and basil soup
- Leek and smoked salmon dip
- Homemade cranberry sauce
- Macadamia & Pistachio Orange Syrup Cake
- Spiced Mexican Tomato & Corn Soup
- Frozen mojito
- Raspberry souffles
- Bourbon Ribs
- Thai Chilli Chicken and Basil
- Crispy Waffle Batter
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Apricot Chicken with french onion soup powder mix
- Vietnamese Banh Mi baguettes
- Gluten free berry yoghurt cake
- Apple & Rasperry Crumble
- Chicken Tikka Pathia (adapted from British Indian Restaurant/Take Away recipes)
- Nanna Mary’s Banana Cake
- Raspberry Coconut Slice
- Pecan Pie
- Paleo Apple Cake