- 50 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces (1 cm), plus extra for greasing
- 160 g Granita® or Butternut Snap biscuits® (or a mixture of both)
- 100 g sugar
- 2 limes, zest only, no white pith
- 10-15 mint leaves, plus extra for garnishing
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp white Cuban rum
- 300 g pouring (whipping) cream
- Grease and line a springform cake tin (22 cm) and set aside.
Place biscuits and butter into mixing bowl and blend 10-20 sec/speed 5, until combined and mixture is moist.
- Transfer mixture into prepared cake tin and spread evenly over base, pressing down slightly to make a firm crumb base. Transfer to the freezer while you prepare the filling. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place sugar, lime peel and mint leaves into mixing bowl and chop 10-15 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat, as required, until all peel and leaves are finely chopped.
- Add cream cheese and mix 1 min/speed 4, until well combined and fluffy. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl and repeat, if required.
- Add lime juice and rum and blend a further 10 sec/speed 5. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Insert butterfly. Place cream into mixing bowl and whip without setting a time/speed 4, until firm. Be careful not to over-whip. Add reserved cheese mixture and combine 6 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and mix a further 3 sec/speed 3.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the biscuit base. Cover with plastic wrap and return to the freezer for several hours (3-4 hours) before serving. Remove from freezer about 30 minutes before serving to soften a little. Then garnish with a little mint, slice and serve.
Accessories you need
Useful items:springform cake tin (22 cm)
baking paperThis recipe is from Delicious Journeys, the second cookbook in the Cooking Passions series, by Nico Moretti. Purchase online here.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Super Easy Waffles
- Biscoff Icecream
- Cherry Ripe Slice
- Raw Berry Caramel Slice
- Snow Skin Mooncake
- Mooncake Fruit Custard Filling
- Mandarin, Almond & Cardamom Muffins
- Apple & Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- White Chocolate & Berry Cheesecake - Gluten Free
- Sweet Chocolate Log or Balls
- Gluten Free Butterscotch Self-saucing Pudding
- Cranberry Coconut Bliss Balls
- Crostata di Ricotta (Almond and Ricotta tart)
- Mushroom and Spinach Risotto
- French Gougeres
- Zucchini and basil soup
- Leek and smoked salmon dip
- Homemade cranberry sauce
- Macadamia & Pistachio Orange Syrup Cake
- Spiced Mexican Tomato & Corn Soup
- Frozen mojito
- Raspberry souffles
- Bourbon Ribs
- Thai Chilli Chicken and Basil
- Jam drop biscuits
- Macadamia Caramel Squares
- Sticky Date Slice
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Eggless Mini Banana Bread Muffins
- Pickled Beetroot
- Rhubarb and Strawberry Cake with Crumble
- My mum’s Mauritian Poutou
- Super Easy Waffles
- Recco Classico
- Milan's INDIAN Caffe Latte