- 600ml --- water
- 400 grams Sugar (white or raw)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 Lemon, juiced & zested
- 3 eggs
- 250 grams sugar
- 150 grams semolina
- 1.5 litres Milk
- 20 grams cornflour
- 1 level tablespoon lemon juice
- 25 grams Unsalted butter room temperature
- 1pkt Filo Pastry
- 250 grams Unsalted butter melted, extra
Recipe is created for
Bring water, sugar, lemon and honey to the boil. Stir with a wooden spoon to dissolve sugar.
Simmer for 15 minutes. Leave to cool.
Put milk, semolina, eggs, sugar, cornflour & lemon juice into Thermomix bowl. Cook for 13 -15 mins at 90oC speed 4. In the last 1-2 minutes add the 25 grams softened butter.
While custard is cooking brush the baking dish with melted butter and layer half the sheets of pastry in it one by one, brushing each sheet with melted butter. Make sure the pastry covers the sides of the dish. You do not need to worry about having the sheets perfectly flat.
Pour custard over pastry then use the remaining filo to layer sheets one by one making sure you butter each sheet as you go.
Mark slices in squares of 5cm by cutting though the top layer of pastry. (You can also cut on an angle to make diamond shapes if you prefer)
Sprinkle pasty with water and bake ain a 180oC oven for 45-55 minutes or until golden.
When custard is cool, pour syrup over and cut slices. Best served on day of baking.
Accessories you need
Alternatively, if you prefer a even thicker custard you can use more semolina. Just increase the amount to 200-250 grams. This is a much denser texture and slightly 'heavier' to eat. It may need extra cooking time up to 20 mins.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Keto Ice Cream
- Eggless edible cookie dough
- Delectable Millionaire’s Shortbread (Caramel Slice)
- Meringue Cupcakes "skuimpies"
- Healthy chocolate coconut slice
- Creamy Leche Flan
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- Chocolate Chia Pudding (Vegan)
- Chia Custard Pudding - adapted from Pete Evans recipe (Paleo)
- Thermo Cazza's Rocky Road
- Berry Yogurt Sorbet
- Croatian Kifle ~ Shortcrust biscuits with jam
- Raspberry Ripple Nougat Parfait TM adjusted from Lyndey's Cracking Christmas
- Croatian ~ Mlince
- Corn Fritters
- Croatian Plum Dumplings ~ Knedle s Sljivama
- Loukoumades Greek Honey Puffs
- Tomato sauce for Ricotta Gnocchi or any pasta dish
- Ricotta Gnocchi
- Baked 'Bistro-Style' Cheesecake
- Italian Doughnuts or Donuts!
- Homemade Bagels
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Five Ingredient Thai Green Curry Recipe:
- Veg Thai green curry recipe
- Pumpkin Pie
- Blood Orange Marmalade
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Banoffee Porridge
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters
- Keto Ice Cream