- 140 g raw almonds
- 15 medjool dates
- 170 g dessicated coconut
- 20 g raw cacao powder
- 1 level teaspoons natural vanilla extract
- 3 level tbsp orange juice
- 1/4 level tsp Himalayan salt
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Put almonds in bowl and mill for 6 seconds Speed 9
2. Add pitted dates and blitz for 10 seconds speed 9-10, cold dates are harder to blitz
3. Add coconut, cacao, salt and vanilla and set for 12 seconds Speed 9
4. Add Orange juice and set for 6 seconds Speed 7
5. Place mixture into slice tin, the back of a hot, wet spoon helps spread & compact it.
6. Top with melted chocolate and a sprinkling of coconut, or you could make your own healthy chocolate icing (a quick google will find heaps of recipes). I use dark chocolate as it means my kids devour it!!
FOR NUT FREE use sunflower seeds instead of almonds.
Using cold dates makes it harder to mix together, I recommend leaving them out of the fridge until they are room temperature. Use sunflower seeds instead of nuts to make it nut free.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.