- 3 Cups cooked long grain rice, as per EDC
- 750 ml Milk
- 300 ml cream
- 560 ml coconut milk
- 150-180g raw sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 120g golden sultanas
- 80g pistachios, Roughly chopped
- 2 cups water
- 200g sugar
- 8 cardamom pods
- 2 star anise
- 3-4 Strips lemon rind, No white pith
- 1 cup dried apricots, Roughly chopped
- 1 cup dates
1h 30minPreparation 1h 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- place cooked rice and milk into the TM bowl and bring to the boil, 105 deg/ 10min/ speed 1/ .
- Reduce heat to 60 deg/ speed 1/10min/ till the mixture has started to thicken.
- Add cream, coconut milk, sugar & cardamom to the and cook a further 20 min/95 deg/ speed 2/ /cup off.
- Add sultanas & chopped pistachios and continue cooking - 95 deg/ speed 2//10 min.
- The pudding should be reduced and thickened. Prolong cooking time if required
- Add water, sugar, spices & lemon rind to the TM and bring to the boil 10 min/ 100 deg/ /
- Add dried fruit. Remove the cap and cook 30-40 min/ 100 deg/ / until the fruit is soft and syrupy.
Dried fruit compote
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Choc Mint Bliss Balls with Crown Mints
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- Caramilk No Bake Cheesecake
- White Chocolate, Cherry Brandy Balls
- Churros - Gluten free
- Chocolate avocado mousse
- Fresh mango muesli
- Layelles too easy Caramilk Tart
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Layelle’s too easy chocolate tart
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Chocolate Panforte
- Grant's Green Sauce
- Beetroot Smoothie (GF DF NF AIP)
- Peanut butter short bread
- Nigella's Chocolate Gingerbread
- Double layer chocolate frosted Birthday cake
- Spicey Hot Chocolate Mix
- Healthy Chocolate, Raspberry and Blueberry muffins