- 225 grams Fresh Dates, Stoned
- 200 gram Boiling water
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 85 grams unsalted butter
- 170 grams caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 170 grams Self Raising Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 115 grams unsalted butter
- 115 grams light muscovado sugar
- 140 grams double cream, `
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 180 C. Lightly grease an ovenproof dish and line base with baking paper
Place dates into tm bowl with bicarbonate of soda and 200ml boiling water. Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
Add sugar and butter to mixture and process on speed 6-7 for 10 seconds until dates are chopped.
Scrape down sides of bowl and add flour first, then spices, cocoa, eggs and yoghurt. Process on speed 4-5 for 5 seconds at a time until combined and smooth.
Pour into prepared ovenproof dish and bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
Place all ingredients into tm bowl and cook 80 C, speed 1 for 2 minutes or until butter has melted.
Cook for another 8 minutes at 80 C on speed 3-4.
Sauce will thicken on standing.
Accessories you need
In Jamie Oliver's recipe he advises to drain the boiling water from the dates however I omitted this step by mistake and it came out great so I have left the water in.
I used Jalna pot set vanilla yoghurt.
As usual the sauce disappeared too quickly so I think I will make a double batch of the sauce next time!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate on Chocolate Cheescake
- Chocolate Custard
- Easy automated yogurt - TM5
- Jaffa Cheesecake Slice
- Creamy Lemon Pots
- Apple Crumble Bliss Balls
- 5 Ingredient Easy peasy Salted Caramel fudge
- The best Easy peasy Chocolate mousse
- The perfect caramel slice
- Malteser slice
- Strawberry Carrot Leather