- 350 grams sugar
- 200 grams unsalted butter
- 6 eggs
- 150 grams lemon juice, 4-6 lemons
- lemon rind
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Finely zest the skin of the lemons, using a microplane.
Place the lemons in a microwave for 10 seconds to help yield the juice easily.
Cut lemons in half and juice them.
Place sugar, zest and juice in the bowl, place lid on and MC in place, mix 30sec, Sp 9 to make for a mix that has less evidence of the zest texture.
Cube the butter and add along with the eggs to the sugar mix in the bowl.
Insert butterfly.Place lid on with MC in place.
Cook for 8 minutes at 80*C on Sp2-3.
Check that it coats the back of a spoon, it does thicken as it cools, if not cook for 2-3 minutes more.
There may be small amounts of the stringy part of the egg white evident, some of this sticks to the butterfly, do not scrape this into your mix.
Place into sterilised jars, it makes 2 large jars or 4 small jars.
Allow to cool before placing the lid on.
Store in the refridgerator.
Crepes, Piklets, Scones.
Toast, corn bread, brioche, criossants, french toast.
Sponge cake, Tea cake.
Place under a self saucing lemon pudding.
Or just eat it by the spoonful like i do....
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- Indian rice pudding
- Caramilk No Bake Cheesecake
- White Chocolate, Cherry Brandy Balls
- Churros - Gluten free
- Chocolate avocado mousse
- Fresh mango muesli
- Layelles too easy Caramilk Tart
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Layelle’s too easy chocolate tart
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Choc Quinoa Brownie
- Raspberry & Rosewater Vodka
- Super Hot Chilli Jam
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- Easy Almond Bread/ Biscotti
- Reduced Sugar Dairy Free Brownies (GF)
- American Banana Bread
- Carrot Fruit Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Gluten Free Cornflake Bikkies
- Ouma’s soetkoekies (sweet biscuits)
- Nigella's Rosemary rememberance cake