- 500 g strawberries
- 50 g caster sugar
- 25 g almond meal
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 110 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 75 g Cold Butter, Cubed
- 100 g flaked almonds
- 75 g Demerara sugar
Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 200C
Place hulled strawberries in an approx 21cm x 4cm baking dish. Sprinkle over sugar, ground almond and vanilla extract.
Place plain flour, baking powder and cold butter into TM bowl and with lid set to closed lid position, press turbo button 2-3 times until mixture resemble crumbs.
Mix through flaked almonds and demerara sugar and mix on speed 2 20-30 seconds until mixture resembles a crumble.
Tip crumble mixture over strawberries in an even layer, giving abit of a press around the edges. Set the dish on a tray covered in baking paper, and bake for 30 minutes until top is golden and juices are bubbling at edges.
Let the crumble rest for 10 minutes before serving with vanilla ice cream of thick cream.
Nigella Lawson's Strawberry Almond Crumble
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mel’s anything goes Rocky Road
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- SUTLIJASH (RICE PUDDING)
- Chocolate Mousse - 2 ingredients and egg free
- Cashew Custard, dairy free
- Sticky Date and Pear Cake
- Raspberry, almond, cacao and hemp bliss balls
- Pouring sugar-free low-fat Vanilla Custard
- 'The Real Deal' Creme Brulee
- Chocolate Bliss Balls (my version of Boost Juice ones)
- Best Ever Lemon Meringue Pie