- 130 g Butter, softened or melted
- 400 g Arnotts Rice Cookies
- 40 g almonds
- 1 bottle 600ml Whipping Cream
- 2 cans (395g each)Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 7-10 --- Limes, juice and zest (start with 7 and add more after tasting to reach the right zestieness)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1.) insert butterfly wisk and 600ml of whipping cream
2.) Whip on speed 3 for 1min 30sec - 1min 45sec to SOFT PEAKS. too soft or too firm will not form a solified pie in the end. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
3.) Add 2 cans of sweetened condenced milk and mix on speed 3 for 5 sec. The mixture will become more liquid like, this is OK dont worry. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
4.) Add lime juice and zest of 7 limes and mix on speed 1 for 5 sec until just combined. taste and if you think it needs more lime flavour add an additional 3 limes (juice and zest). As you add the juice the mixture will become thicker again.
5.) Transfer the filling to a bowl and set aside while you make the filling.
6.) Rinse and dry the bowl
7.) Add the Rice Cookies and Almonds and blitz on speed 4 - 4.5 for 1 min 30 sec until they resemble crumbles. scrape down sides.
8.) Add butter (melted or soft at room temp.) blitz on speed 4 for an additional 30 sec. until well mixed. stopping to scrape down sides if needed.
9.) Divide the crust into two equal portions and press out into two spring form or pop out pie dishes.
10.) Divide the filling equally inot each of the two pie tins and spread it lightly to cover the base
11.) place pies in the fridge (do not freeze) to set overnight for at least 12 hours.
Accessories you need
keep refridgerated until ready to serve. Garnish with lime slices and serve with fresh whip cream.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Cacao & Peppermint Bliss Balls - Nut & Dairy Free
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Russian Honey Cake
- Wagon Wheel slice
- Nut Butter Mousse
- Unicorn balls
- Heavenly Chocolate Fudge Protein Slice
- Vanilla Slice Italian
- Chocolate on Chocolate Cheescake
- Chocolate Custard
- Easy automated yogurt - TM5
- Jaffa Cheesecake Slice
- Curry Pea Soup
- Lemon Cupcakes with Young Living Essential Oils
- Pumpkin lasagne
- The Daily Mix - Banana Crumble Muffins
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Durban Naan
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Banana Nut Bread
- Tuna Mornay
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- Apricot Slice
- Russian Honey Cake