- 100 g blanched Almonds, toasted and cooled
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 8 egg whites, room temperature
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 400 g icing sugar, (made in TM)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 tin Passionfruit Pulp
- 200 g frozen Raspberries
- 700 g cream
8Recipe is created for
oven to 150ºC. Line 2 baking trays with greased paper and draw a 24cm circle on
nuts into TM bowl and mill for 10
seconds on speed 8.
cornflour and stir through for 3 seconds
on speed 5. Set aside.
Butterfly into clean, dry bowl. Place egg whites and cream of tartar into TM bowl
and beat for 8 minutes at 50ºC on speed 3, with MC off.
blades rotating on speed 3, add
sugar, 1 tsp at a time over a period of 2-3
into large bowl and fold almond meal into egg whites with a large metal spoon
or spatula. Be very gentle. Divide the mixture between your trays and smooth to
meet the edges of your circle.
for 15 minutes at 150ºC and then reduce heat to 120ºC for a further 45 minutes.
Meringue should be pale, crisp and approximately 2-3 cm high when cooked.
cooking will cause the meringue to crack. Leave oven door ajar and cool in oven
for at least another hour.
cream in clean, dry TM bowl with Butterfly
for 20-40 seconds on speed 3-4.
passionfruit pulp and stir in for 8
seconds on Reverse + speed 2-3.
cooled meringue onto serving platter, dollop with ½ cream in centre.
a few of the raspberries and repeat. Drizzle additional passionfruit pulp
across the top if desired.
chocolate curls for a decadent touch.
fresh fruit of choice to decorate rather than raspberries.
cooking meringues, sprinkle just the edges with a few almond slivers.
recipe works well with other nuts as long as the nut meal is very fine.
alter the quantities in this recipe, use a ratio of 1 egg white to 50g icing
1 tbsp almond meal.
Other users also liked...
- Roasted snapper with Romesco, pickled vegetable and ricotta salad and a pink grapefruit Hollandaise - Mark Southon
- Inside-out chicken parmigiana - Dani Valent
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Salted caramel sauce
- Coconut matcha panna cotta
- Cranberry and camembert stuffed chicken
- Cranberry chocolate snack bars
- Carrot, feta and mint salad
- Vegan chocolate, raspberry and pistachio layer cake
- Deconstructed eton mess - Beni Orwell
- Sauerkraut salad
- Adults Only Rocky Road with Baileys
- Tuna Mornay
- Lemon Curd Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting
- Vanilla Greek Style Yoghurt
- Fresh mint ice cream
- Rhubarb & Orange Creme Brûlée
- Impossible Pie
- Gluten free low carb mini quiches
- Low Carb Coconut Ice Cream (LCHF)
- Mango mousse
- Thick Creamy Vanilla Greek Yoghurt
- No churn Ice Cream (Parfait)