- 1000 g fresh pineapple, roughly chopped
- 300 g sugar
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 4 cloves
- 250 g plain flour
- 1 egg, plus extra for brushing
- 120 g unsalted butter
- pinch salt
Place pineapple into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 6. Drain juice completely.
Add sugar, cinnamon quill and cloves into mixing bowl and cook 25 min/Varoma/speed 1. The jam should be firm, sticky and slightly brownish in colour. Set aside.
Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
Butter a mini 24 hole tart tin and set aside.
Place all ingredients into mixing bowl and mix 30 sec/speed 7.
Turn out onto floured ThermoMat, push together and then roll out.
Using MC, cut into rounds and line tin. Fill with cooled jam, brush with a beaten egg and bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
See your Everyday Cookbook for our Butter recipe.
If the pastry becomes warm while you are working with it, it will tear easily. Place it back in the refrigerator if required. Biscuits are fragile when hot.
To make the pineapple-shaped Pineapple tarts, follow above preparation up to stage 4, rolling out the pastry to 2 – 3mm thickness. Cut pastry using a cup or glass about 12cm in diameter. With the pastry circle flat on your fingers, place a 2cm ball of pineapple filling in the centre and curl your fingers inwards to make the pastry encase the filling.
Make sure the pastry seam (opening) is on the bottom, press down on the pastry to flatten it slightly, then seal the ends and trim to make a small pineapple-shaped oval. Score the top of the tart with a sharp paring knife, 4- 5 diagonal lines in both directions for the ‘pineapple effect’ and brush the top with the egg wash. Bake and store as above.
Other users also liked...
- Donut ice-cream
- Superfood Seed Bar
- Barney Banana Ice Cream
- Super Easy Waffles
- Biscoff Icecream
- Cherry Ripe Slice
- Raw Berry Caramel Slice
- Snow Skin Mooncake
- Mooncake Fruit Custard Filling
- Mandarin, Almond & Cardamom Muffins
- Apple & Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- White Chocolate & Berry Cheesecake - Gluten Free
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Chocolate Scottish Tablet (Crumbly Chocolate Fudge)
- Chedar Cheese Spread (Like Cheez Whizz)
- Chocolate Cake
- Filipino Pandesal
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- Vegan Lemon Curd
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF