- 150 g raw almonds
- 100 g Raw macadamias
- 50 g Chia Seeds., or buckinis (activated buckwheat)
- 50 g tahini
- 50 g rice malt syrup, or maple syrup
- 50 g fresh seedless dates
- 50 g cacao powder, or cocoa powder
- 20 g coconut oil , melted
- 2 teaspoon supergreen powder, heaped teaspoons !
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
If you don't like the crunch of chia seeds, premill now speed 9 for 10 seconds. Set aside. (Otherwise, simply add at Step 2,)
Place almonds and macadamias into TM bowl. Grind for 10 to 12 seconds on spped 8, or until the mixture starts to release the nut oils and look like a nut paste.
Add all other ingredients into TM bowl. Combine for 20 seconds on speed 4. Check that mixture is evenly combined. If not, scrape down sides and mix for another 5 seconds speed 4.
Tip contents into open bowl. Press mixture together. It will come together easily if you processed nuts to point of releasing oils,
Take heaped teaspoon amount of mixture and roll into ball. 35 balls approx 15g each. 25 balls approx 20g each. May be rolled in shredded or desiccated coconut, crushed nuts, cacao powder, milled chocolate - or left plain.
Protein Balls Plus Supergreens
Be generous with the supergreens powder. This takes the 'edge' off the sweetness and is a great way to incorporate some extra nutrition in this snack.
When made into 35 balls, approx 15g each, each ball provides 2g of protein and approx 80 calories.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- ANZAC Choccy Biccy Balls
- Aunty CECELIA's mango macadamia cheesecake recipe
- Musk Fudge
- Nuts and Bolts (Dairy Free)
- Triple-Choc Blueberry and Zucchini Smoothie Bowl
- Peppermint Slice (RAW)
- Chocolate Lasagne
- Banana yoghurt nicecream
- Variation: Argentinian Dulce de Leche "CREAM"
- Argentinian Dulce de Leche
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Apple Coconut Balls
- CITRUS HOMMUS (with Essential Oils)
- Roasted capsicum & jalapeno hummus (low salt)
- Protein Balls (Nut Free)
- Protein Balls - Nut Free
- Goodness LCM Bars
- Marathon bliss balls
- Chocolate Brownies (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo)
- Kumara & Feta Bliss Balls
- Vegemite - Healthy Version
- Nut Free Muesli Bars
- Gunnadoo's Nut free Wild Orange Bliss Balls