- 7 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 150 g caster sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 120 g coconut cream
- 50 g water
- 80 g oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 g plain flour
- 100 g pulut hitam flour (black glutinous rice flour)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
Pre-heat oven to 190ºC. Lightly grease and flour a 26cm chiffon tin.2. Clean and dry TM bowl thoroughly. 3. Insert Butterfly. Place egg whites and cream of tartar into TM bowl and whip for 7 minutes at 50ºC on speed 3. Slowly add sugar through hole in lid at around 3 minutes, 1 tsp at a time. Carefully transfer meringue to another bowl.4. Without rinsing Butterfly, reinsert into TM bowl. Place egg yolks, vanilla, coconut cream, water, oil and salt into TM bowl and whip for 3 minutes at 37ºC on speed 3. Remove Butterfly.5. Add 60g of the meringue mixture into TM bowl and with dial set to closed lid position, incorporate for 5–6 seconds on Interval speed.6. Add flours and baking powder and with dial set to closed lid position, mix for 16 seconds on Interval speed.7. Turn out into meringue mix and fold in gently by hand.8. Pour into prepared chiffon tin and bake for 40–45 minutes.9. Remove from oven and cool completely upside down in tin before removing cake.
Pulut Hitam Chiffon Cake
This is a tweaked verion of the 'Pulut Hitam Chiffon Cake' recipe from 'A Taste of Asia' on page 91. Pulut Hiam is black glutinous rice flour and is difficult to purchase in Australia. Now with Thermomix, you can simply make your own by milling black glutinous rice until very fine. You should roast your rice in the Thermomix and mill it once cold. You can do more than the amount in this recipe and simply keep it in your pantry.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- White Chocolate Bavarian
- ALMOND GRANITA
- Hunters Chocolate Cranberry Protein Slice (No Bake, vegan)
- Tasty Zesty Lemon Sorbet
- LEMON POSSET serves 12-18 with SUGAR FREE option
- Quick Apricot & Coconut Bliss Balls - Nut & Sugar Free
- F45 Cacao Bliss Balls
- Milo Balls
- Apple Pikelets Egg Free Adaptable
- Choc Mint Fudge
- Strawberry "Yogo"
- Spanish Cream Cheese Flan
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Quick fruit sponge
- Fresh tomato tart
- Pretty in pink - ruby chocolate dessert
- Classic chocolate fudge
- Mango, coconut and lychee icy poles
- Frozen breakfast yoghurt pops