- 100 grams Butter, cubed
- 100 grams caster sugar/raw sugar milled
- 100 grams self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 heaped teaspoon cinnamon
- 50 grams saltanas or raisins
- 1 Peel of Lemon
- 1 heaped teaspoon mixed spices
- 50 grams Dried Mixed Fruit
- 2 heaped teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 level tablespoons Milk
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
If making a Lemon Sponge add peel to bowl and whizz up 10 Sec on Speed 9 BEFORE adding the Basic Sponge Mixture.
and whizz up for 6 sec on speed 5 or until smooth.
1. Put all BASIC Sponge ingredients into the bowl, if making a varient add this now EXCEPT the dried fruit. Whizz up 6 Sec on Speed 5 or until smooth.
2. If using a dried fruit varient add this now to your bowl for 3 Sec REVERSE on Speed 3.
3. Place in a Microwavable Bowl and cook in your Microwave on High for 4 Minutes turning half way through, leave it to sit for 1 minute in your microwave before serving.
4. Serve with either Ice cream, Cream, Custard or warm up Golden Syrup, Lemon curd or Jam for a fantastic topping
The mixture is fine if left a while before cooking so Ideal to make before you start dinner and set aside to cook whilst you are eating your mains, I make Automated custard to accompany this.
Store any left overs in the fridge and warm up the next day, it softens on warming.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rima’s Lebanese Cocktail
- Aish al saraya
- Awwama (Lebanese sweet dumplings)
- Oat Milk Yogurt
- Rima’s Lebanese pistachio ice cream
- cocoa - energy balls (vegan&raw)
- Hazelnut and Amaranth Chocolate
- Variation Choc Peppermint Balls
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Choc Protein Balls
- Coffee whip (dairy free, egg free, vegan)