- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 10 medjool dates
- 0.25 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 150 g coconut oil, melted
- 2-3 tbsp rice malt syrup / maple syrup
- 100 g raw cacao powder
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. If your coconut oil is hard, place it in TMX bowl and melt.
1m 30 secs / 100 C / speed 2
If already melted skip this step.
2. Place all chocolate ingredients in the Thermomix bowl.
Blitz 10 secs / speed 6 Scrape down sides of bowl and do again for another 2-3 seconds if not completely mixed.
3. Pour chocolate into lined sliced tray. Dollop with globs of the caramel mix. Use a spoon to swirl the chocolate over some pieces of caramel so they can't be seen. This will result in lovely caramel surprises when you bit into a piece of chocolate.
4. Place into freeze to set (about 1 hour). Break into jagged pieces. Store in freezer as coconut oil will mean the chocolate will melt quickly at room termperature.
Make your caramel first
Accessories you need
TIPS: You could use cacao butter instiead of coconut oil. This will keep your chocolate hard at room temperature for longer.
You could also use more dates to create more caramel. There is NEVER too much caramel.
Variations: add whatever you like in your chocolate! Nuts, coconut, fruit pieces. The possibilities are endless!
This recipe was converted from the Salted Caramel + Date Bark recipe at mybestme.com.au
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Banana, coconut and choc chip Ice cream - vegan, egg free, DF
- 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Guilt-free vegan Chocolate Balls
- Rocky Road
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
- Macha Blancmange
- Strawberry and pear pancakes
- Orange and Poppy Seed Energy Balls
- Sticky Date Baked Cheesecake
- 4 ingredient Crunchie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Raw Raspberry and Coconut Cheesecake
- Chocolate Truffles (Brazilian Brigadeiros)