- 6 apples
- 1 bunch rhubarb
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 50 sugar, or to taste
- 400g sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 60g sugar
- 20g cornflour
- 2 eggs
- 100g oats
- 100g almonds
- 100g brown sugar
- 100g Butter
- 100g shredded coconut (sulphite free)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Turn the oven on to 200 degrees.
Place quatered apples & rhubarb into the TM bowl & chop with the sugar & cinnamon for 5 secs speed 5, check & repeat again if needed, you still want a bit of texture.
Place this mixture into a large baking dish & put it into the oven for about 10 mins until you see the mixture bubling away in the oven.
No need to clean the TM bowl, place all the custard ingredients into the TM bowl & mix for 5 secs speed 6. Pour over the partly cooked apple & rhubarb.
Place all the crumble ingredients into the TM bowl (no need to wash the bowl) use the turbo button a couple of times to maintain a chunchy texture. Pour the crumble on top of the custard & turn the oven down to 180 degrees & cook for 25 mins or until brown & the custard is cooked through.
RHUBARB, APPLE & SOUR CREAM CUSTARD CRUMBLE
You could use vanilla bean in the custard just chop it up with the sugar & cornflour before adding the other ingredients.
This recipe is also delicious with the vanilla custard recipe from the EDC in place of the sour cream custard.
You can use any combo of fruit or just use apple.
When I was younger I used to have an apple crumble with a sour cream custard at my friends house that her mum made so I have adpated the recipe to include my favourite crumble topping.
My mum used to add a couple of wheetbix to the crumble topping, which is also a great addition.
If you want to you can use rice malt syrup instead of the sugar in any of the components.
Please mill your own cinnamon in the TM so the flavour is the best it can be
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate self saucing pudding
- Green Tea Panna Cotta
- Znoud el sit
- Variation Rice Pudding - recipe adapted to properly mix in the egg!
- Pineapple Rice Pudding
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Allergy Friendly Chocolate Balls
- Banana Tart
- Lotus biscuit kenef
- Apricot Nectar Cheesecake - No bake/unbaked
- Vegan Carrot Cake
- White Chocolate Mud Cake
- Fresh Beetroot Salad
- Strawberry & Rosewater Sorbet for Cocktails/Mocktails
- Wonton Wrappers
- Garlic Sweet Potato Wedges
- Rhubarb Clafoutis
- Rhubarb & White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gingerbread & Cream Cup Cakes
- Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauli "Rice"
- French Savory Cake
- Flu fighter Chicken Soup
- Beef & Veg 'Stirfry' with Cauliflower "Rice"
- Shredded chicken/chicken & veg soup & boiled eggs