- 45 grams Tapioca seed or sago
- 250 grams Milk
- 1 tablespoon Milk, extra
- 85 grams Butter, softened
- 110 grams brown sugar
- 2-3 slices fresh bread
- 15 grams Rum, 1 tblspn
- 180 grams mixed dried fruit
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1500 grams Boiling water, extra
2h 20minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Dissolve bi-carb in extra milk. Set aside.
2. Mill 100gm of bread to breadcrumbs, 5 seconds, Speed 8. Set aside.
3. Heat milk for 8min/100deg/Sp 1
4. Add tapioca/sago, butter, sugar, vanilla, rum, spice to warm milk. Gently mix for 10 seconds/Rev/Sp 1
5. Let stand for 10 minutes
6. Add bread crumbs, milk, soda mix, beaten egg. Mix for 10 sec/Rev/Sp 2,
7. Add mixed fruit. Gently mix 5-10 sec/Rev/Sp 3 until combined.
8. Pour into pudding basin and seal with lid
9. Rinse Tmx bowl and fill with 1500ml hot boiling water. Steam pudding in Varoma for 1 hr on Varoma temp, Speed 2.
10. Check water level. Add more if necessary. Steam pudding for another 1 hr on Varoma, Speed 2.
Serve warm with custard, whipped cream and/or ice cream.
Accessories you need
This recipe fits perfectly in the Avanti 1L Pudding Basin on the Mixshop
You can double the recipe and cook in a 16-20cm Spring Form tin, on Varoma for 3 hours. Make sure the tin is lifted off the Varoma dish holes to allow steam to flow.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Emma’s Pink Lemonade
- Gina’s Scone Loaf
- Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce
- 1 kilo Plum Jam
- Cheese Biscuits
- Kitchen-Sink Quiche
- Simple Baileys Slushie
- Light n Fluffy Muffins, any fruit
- QCE (Quick, Cheap, Easy) Apple Slice
- Yoplait style Vanilla Yoghurt
- TM5 Bacon, Mushroom and Pea Risotto
- TM31 Bacon, Mushroom and Pea Risotto
- Cinnamon Scrolls with Caramel Sauce
- Dairy Free Custard
- Chillean Empanadas
- Gorgonzola and Gouda Sauce
- Pink Smoothie Bowl
- Strawberry Smoothie
- Blueberry Chia Puddings
- Family Chocolate Cake
- Zoe's Mundella Greek Honey Yoghurt using the Crock Pot Express to Set
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- The perfect lemon tart
- Dairy Free Breakfast Smoothie